Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Bacon + Chicken. This sounds like a win already, but add on lots of savory spices and a chili powder- brown sugar mixture and my friends let me tell ya, you have a triple threat. The perfect blend of sweet-smokey-spicy. I made this for lunch and we loved it. Even Isaac liked it which was surprising because they have a little spicy kick to them and that boy does not like spiciness.
I wasn’t sure how I was gonna like it seeing that the chicken and bacon was tossed in brown sugar and chili powder and I don’t really like sweet tasting meat too much. Boy was I wrong. It was sweet but the other flavors totally balanced it all out. It was like a little party of flavors in my mouth, all happily mingling together. When they are served piping hot out of the oven they really taste like they’ve been grilled!
I’ve had something very similar to this in a bite-size, appetizer form but the chicken wasn’t seasoned before-hand so I wasn’t all that impressed. Seasoning makes them like whoa! You can really throw on any seasonings that you like but I’ve included a blend below that I like to use. It’s simple.
Serve with broccoli and mashed potatoes for super yummy meal!
Watch me make these bacon wrapped chicken tenders from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Chicken (Brown Sugar)
- 1 lbs. chicken tenders, about 10 chicken tenders
- 10 strips bacon, sliced in half length-wise (I used turkey bacon)
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder,italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over chicken tenders, (top and bottom) completely coating them generously in the spices.
- Wrap two sliced bacon strips around the chicken tender. Tuck in and loose ends.
- Mix together brown sugar and chili powder.
- Sprinkle this mixture generously over bacon wrapped chicken, top and bottom. Press the sugar mixture into the chicken to pack it on.
- Place the chicken on a greased grill pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done and bacon is crisp. You can broil for the last few minutes if desired to crisp up the bacon more.
- Serve piping hot! Garnish with parsley if desired.