Ultimate Homemade Big Mac Sliders
“Beefy, cheesy and oh so fresh! Homemade big mac sliders with the BEST Big Mac Sauce! They disappear quick!”
Watch me make these homemade Big Mac sliders from start to finish!
I vacationed in Atlanta last week with my hubby and sons, and for breakfast, we walked to a spot called Corner Bakery Cafe. Our waiter was a sweet older woman who passed out hugs to all the customers before taking their orders.
Have you ever had that type of customer service? It was a first for me, but it sure made my morning brighter, and the pancakes tasted like they came straight out of Grandma Barb’s kitchen!
For lunch, Ethan begged to get McDonalds. The heck?! We’re surrounded by the epic ATL food scene with so many new restaurants, and he wanted Mickey D’s !?! Kids!
We convinced him to try the Atlanta Breakfast Club instead, and we’d do McDonald’s later. It worked.
So now it’s later and here I am, making homemade Big Mac Sliders for the second time this week because he loved them so much.
If you’re looking for an easy, filling, and delicious slider recipe and need a Mcdonald’s Big Mac fix, give them a try! I stuck with the classic Big Mac toppings, but we like to add tomato, mustard and ketchup to ours!
What’s on these Big Mac sliders ?
These copycat McDonald Big Mac sliders have the same toppings as the iconic Big Mac. Only the mini homemade version is so much better!
Juicy ground beef, crisp shredded lettuce, diced onions, fresh pickles, melty American cheese slices, and additive Big Mac sauce!
All between toasted sesame seed buns. It’s no wonder the Big Mac continues to be a best-selling burger. It’s simple yet delicious!
The BEST Big Mac Sauce
When it comes to the Big Mac, it’s all about that special sauce! If you have time, make the sauce a day ahead. It’s incredible the same day you make it, but the flavors really intensify once it’s had time to sit.
I adapted this classic Big Mac sauce from Todd Wilburn’s recipe. After trying several sauce recipes, including recipes using ketchup, this one had the most authentic flavor.
Big Mac Sauce Ingredients
- Mayonnaise (I used Dukes)
- French dressing (I used Kraft)
- Finely minced white onion
- Sweet pickle relish
- Distilled white vinegar
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- onion powder
- Slider potato buns
- Melted butter
- sesame seeds (optional)
- American Cheese divided
- Ground beef
- Beef seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Dill Pickles
- Finely chopped white onion
How to make Big Mac Sliders Recipe
(Get full printable recipe at the bottom of post)
Make The Sauce
In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use. You can add salt and pepper if desired, but I didn’t think it needed any. (Make this sauce the day before if possible) You can double or triple the sauce recipe if you want to serve it with more sauce for dipping.
Prepare the Buns
Open the buns and place the inside facing up on a baking pan. Brush lightly with melted butter and toast until lightly golden. (I also like to lightly brush the top buns with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds, but that’s optional) At this point, I place the bottom buns in a baking dish (or a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil )that I plan to serve them on. Lay a slice of cheese on each bottom bun. Set aside.
Cook the Beef
Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Break it up in an even layer and sprinkle evenly with the burger seasonings. Cook the beef until browned, and then drain off the grease. Add in 8 slices of cheese and stir until melted and combined with the ground beef.
Arrange the Sliders
Place a spoonful of the ground beef mixture on the bottom buns. Preheat oven to 375. F and bake until the cheese on the bun begins to melt. Remove from oven.
Next, add lettuce and two pickles on top of the beef mixture. Spread a generous amount of Big Mac sauce on the underside of the top bun and sprinkle on chopped onion. Place the top bun on, and you’re done!
Serve immediately, or place them in a warm oven to keep them toasty.
Tips for making the BEST big Mac Sliders Recipe:
- Use quality, fresh ingredients. These burgers taste even more impressive when they are made with fresh ingredients! I like to use Grillo pickles, Duke mayonnaise, Grass-fed beef, fresh-cut onions, and soft potato bread slider buns. I also have my grocer’s deli slice my American cheese since this kind seems to melt and taste better. It’s worth it, and you’ll have gourmet Big Mace sliders!
- Don’t skip the homemade sauce. Big Macs are basic burgers, so all the magic comes from the sauce! This homemade version of Big Mac sauce is so delicious! Be generous with it!
- Toast the buns. Toasting the buns not only adds a nice little crunch but keeps the buns from getting soggy from that sauce.
- Serve immediately if possible. Burger generally usually tastes best when served hot. However, these burgers are just as good served at room temperature. Store left overs in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
What can I serve these Big Mac Slides with? Serve with fresh-cut crispy french fries, sweet potato fries, chips, or tater tots.
Can I use Thousand Islands dressing instead of making the Big Mac sauce? You can, but the homemade Big Mac sauce has more flavor than Thousand Islands dressing.
How can I make this recipe healthier? You can use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of beef. Also, using low-fat mayonnaise and reduced salt items reduces the sodium in the recipe. Or skip the buns and create a Big Mac salad!
Can I make burger patties instead? Yes, you can make beef patties instead of the crumbled beef and cheese.
What other topping can I add to these sliders? This slider consists of the classic McDonald’s big mac toppings and sauce. If you want other items, try adding tomatoes and yellow mustard for a classic burger taste.
Want more slider recipes?
Try these hot and cheesy roast beef cheddar sliders!
Get the Recipe: Ultimate Homemade Big Mac Sliders
BIG MAC SAUCE
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I used Dukes)
- 3 tablespoons French Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickled relish
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 12 potato slider buns
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- sesame seed (optional)
- 20 slices American Cheese, divided, (use a quality brand that tastes good)
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- shredded lettuce
- 24 dill pickle chips
- ¼ cup minced onions
MAKE THE SAUCE
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. You can add salt and pepper if desired, but I didn't think it needed any. (see note)½ cup mayonnaise (I used Dukes), 3 tablespoons French Salad Dressing, 2 tablespoons sweet pickled relish, 2 tablespoons minced white onion, 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar, ½ teaspoon granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ⅛ teaspoon paprika
PREPARE THE BUNS
- Open the buns and place the inside facing up on a large baking sheet. Brush lightly with melted butter and toast until lightly golden.12 potato slider buns, 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Remove from the oven and brush the top buns lightly with butter and sprinkle with sesame seed (optional). Remove the top buns from the pan and set them aside.sesame seed (optional)
- Lay a slice of cheese on each bottom buns. Set aside.20 slices American Cheese, divided
COOK THE BEEF
- Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Break it up in an even layer and sprinkle evenly with the burger seasonings.2 lbs. ground beef, ½-1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- Cook the beef until browned, and then drain off the grease.
- Turn off the heat and add in the remaining cheese (8 slices), and stir until melted and combined with the ground beef.
- Place a spoonful of the ground beef mixture on the bottom buns. Preheat oven to 375. ℉ and bake until the sliced cheese on the bun starts to melt. Remove from oven.
PREPARE THE SLIDERS
- Add lettuce and two pickles on top of the beef mixture.shredded lettuce, 24 dill pickle chips
- Spread a generous amount of Big Mac sauce on the underside of the top bun and sprinkle on chopped onion. PLace the top bun on.¼ cup minced onions