“Easy, delicious peanut butter chocolate fat bombs! Great for weight loss, curbing appetite, keto diets and satisfying your sweet tooth!”
FAT BOMBS!!! Because sometimes…..you just need to calm your food demon.
Have you ever heard of fat bombs? Sounds pretty gross if you ask me but it’s actually a delicious (kinda) little snack/food made from healthy fats. A lot of people use these high fat morsels when they are doing keto diets, paleo diets, Atkins, or some other low carb-calorie diet-shmiet. I don’t use them in that way though.
Some call them a fad, but I call them a God-send!!! These little guys have helped me so much in losing my muffin top and maintaining my goal weight.
How I Use Fat Bombs
I use these peanut butter chocolate fat bombs to tide me over between meals and to satisfy my raging sweet tooth. They are high in healthy fat so I ONLY have 1 or 2 on days when I’m really fighting the urge to eat 3 slices of cake.
And let me tell you, I have an EXTREME sweet tooth and fat bombs have been the ONLY thing that calms it down.
There are so many different fat bomb flavors and recipes floating around the web but peanut butter chocolate is by far my favorite fat bomb flavor ! I’ve seem some recipes use avocado but this one uses coconut oil. It curbs the appetite like a boss! Not to mention, coconut oil does so many other wonderful things for your body so what’s not to love?
Why Coconut Oil is THE BOMB!!
- Helps the body fight off disease and viruses, including yeast, fungus and candidida.
- Boosts and restores thyroid function and control blood-sugar.
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Helps the body burn energy, abdominal fat.
- Balances hormones, moods.
- A zillion other things
You have to keep these peanut butter chocolate fat bombs in the fridge since they begin to melt at room temperature. Whenever you are having an intense sugar craving or feeling a bit hungry in between meals or snacks, pop one of these babies! The simply melt on the tongue and are pretty darn satisfying.
Now let me tell ya, the first time I had a fat bomb I wasn’t really all that impress. I guess I was expecting some intense milk chocolatey tasting truffle. Just don’t go in expecting Godiva and you’ll be just fine.
Also a quick note, you may feel a bit uneasy on the tummy if eating these on an empty stomach. It’s from the coconut oil and will settle very quickly.
Wait!! Don’t trash it!
I wish someone had told me this the first time I made fat bombs. The mixture won’t taste all that great while you’re making them. Remember this isn’t a candy bar. I threw away the first batch because it really tasted…just ok. Don’t do that! Go ahead and follow through with the recipe. The taste a bit sweeter once they are set.
Watch me make these peanut butter chocolate fat bombs from start to finish!
- ½ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or almond butter (with less than 5 grams of sugar)
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons Agave (or sweetened to taste)*note* If using these in a Keto diet you'll need to go with a keto-friendly sweetener like Stevia)
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large skillet over low heat melt coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Stir in agave.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract if using.
- Pour into a spouted cup to make pouring easier.
- Pour mixture into silicone candy molds. (each mold should hold 1 tablespoon of mixture)
- Freeze or refridgerate until set.
- Remove from molds and store in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Eat one fat bomb to curb the appetite or satisfy your sweet tooth.
Some fat bomb recipes suggest to add in butter. I chose to leave it out since I use these fat bombs as a sweet tooth fighter and appetite suppressor.