“Fresh fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. Made with pineapples, strawberries, peaches, kiwi and red grapes! Perfect Spring snack or appetizer”
Watch me make this fruit salsa and cinnamon chips from start to finish!
So I’ve been slowly updating a few of my favorite recipes on this site and next up is this fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips. This was one of the first recipes that I posted on Divas Can Cook. I made this recently for a family get-together and as always, there was none left over.
People simply adore this beautiful fruit salsa including me! It’s hands down one of my favorite spring/summer appetizers and snacks. When fresh fruit is plentiful, you can pretty much bet money that this fruit salsa is in my fridge. It’s heaven to come in after a long, hot summer day and cool off with a bowl of this stuff. It’s so doggone simple, refreshing and good!
Not to mention versatile! Besides using the fruit salsa with the cinnamon chips I also add it on top of my pancakes and on top of shortcake bars. And doesn’t it just scream bridal shower brunch?
You really can use whatever fruits you like but my hands-down FAVORITE pairing is pineapples, strawberries, peaches, kiwi and red grapes!! These fruits hold up well in the fridge and the juices blended together is amazing!!
Here are a few fruits that I’m not too fond of in fruit salsa:
Blueberries/Blackberries: They look beautiful but tend to “bleed” when punctured and end up tinting the whole salsa purple. If you’re serving to a lot of people who will be stirring the bowl and serving themselves I’d leave out the blueberries and blackberries.
Bananas: They get slimy and dark really fast.
Apples: They absorb the color of the darker fruits (strawberries) quickly making them look less appealing (in my opinion).
Hey, I’m just saying….
It can be pretty tedious to cut up all the fruit and prep & bake all of the cinnamon sugar tortillas but I promise it is worth it!! If you have a double oven and extra baking sheets NOW is the time to use them!
The cinnamon tortilla chips are HEAVEN! So crisp yet chewy! Be sure not to over bake. When they have that slight chewiness it’s everything I tell ya!!
Fruit Salsa With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 1 fresh pineapple finely diced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries finely diced
- 6-8 kiwis finely diced
- 3-5 peaches finely diced (I used canned in natural syrup)
- 2 cups red grapes quartered
- 10 medium flour tortilla chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Gently stir the diced fruits together in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Cut tortillas into 1/8 wedges. (Cut tortilla in half, then cut each half into fourths, then each fourths into eighths)
- Place tortillas on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Brush tortillas with butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle tortillas generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Tortillas will crisp up more as they cool.
- Serve with fruit salsa.