Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
“Vegan chocolate almond butter cups made with homemade almond butter, chocolate and sea salt. Deliciously easy and quick snack idea that’s also gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo-friendly!”
Visual learner? Watch me make these Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cups from start to finish!
Man, you guys have been adamantly requesting vegan snack recipes lately! What’s going on? Wait, did you watch one of those scary documentaries?
Well hey, as long as you don’t try to stone me for my carnivorous ways, I have no problem with giving in to your lifestyle requests! Matter of fact, I LOVE the challenge of cooking and exploring recipes outside of my norm.
Besides, it feels good to be able to cook for family and friends with special diets. They are always so grateful when they find out they can eat things at a get-together without having to ask what’s in it.
The vegan lifestyle is nothing new to me though. I believe I’ve shared before that my grandma Barb was vegan for over 20 years! Yep while she was making all these yummy Southern-style foods for us, she was munching on her vegan-friendly versions. She was successful in converting my sister who is vegetarian and my aunt and uncle for many years.
Today I’ve got a simple, quick and downright delicious vegan snack recipe that will likely become a staple in your kitchen. It also just happens to be gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo-friendly.
I’m talking about Chocolate Almond Butter Cups!
This easy recipe uses only four ingredients! Fisher nut almonds, vegan chocolate, sea salt and coconut oil.
These vegan chocolate almond butter cups have been a much healthier option to the peanut butter cups I purchase in the store.
We’re making homemade almond butter in this recipe. Have you ever made almond butter? It’s ridiculously easy and can be flavored any way you like. Add cinnamon, add coconut, or add your favorite extracts! Easy peasy!
For these vegan almond butter cups, I’m keeping it simple with just sea salt. You seriously can’t go wrong with almonds, sea salt, and chocolate. You just can’t!
I’ve teamed up with Fisher nuts once again, and for this recipe, I’m using their whole natural almonds! They are preservative free and non-GMO project verified!
Fisher nuts have so many nut varieties so if almonds aren’t your thing, feel free to use your favorite! I think Fisher nut cashews would be incredible in this recipe!
Homemade almond butter tips!
- Blending homemade almond butter has several stages. Stage 1. First, the almonds will become powdery (almond flour). Stage 2: The almonds will begin to release oils and become clumpy. Stage 3: The almonds will take on a dough-like consistency (This is the stage we use for this recipe!) Stage 4. The almond butter will become smooth, creamy and bit oily, like the kind you buy in the store!
- If you accidentally process it until it turns super thin and creamy, just place it in a bowl and process more almonds to a powdery consistency and use it as a thickener.
- Use a high-powered blender or food processor and pulse. The almond butter can change from one stage to another very quickly.
- Warm almonds process much quicker.
- To season add salt, honey, maple, extract, sugar or whatever floats your boat!
That’s it! Super easy and quick!
I hope you all enjoy these vegan chocolate almond butter cups as much as we have!
Get the Recipe: Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 3/4 cup Fisher nut Whole Natural Almonds
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 250. F.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
- Place almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Warm nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes (this makes blending easier)
- Remove from oven and while nuts are still warm place them into the blender.
- Pulse the blender until the almonds are the consistency of thick paste. The paste should be able to hold its shape when placed in a mound and not spread out.
- Place almond butter into a bowl and season generously with sea salt according to your liking. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Melt in the microwave in intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate into each muffin tin and allow to set.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon-size mound of almond butter directly in the center of the chocolate.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of chocolate to cover the peanut butter.
- Allow chocolate to set. Place in fridge to speed up setting time.
- Store in airtight container on the counter or in the fridge. (If storing in fridge allow them to come to room temperature before eating.)
Want to see more ways to use Fisher nuts? Visit their website at www.fishernuts.com. You can purchase Fisher nuts on Amazon here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.