Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Cookies
“Fluffy lemon pound cake cookies with big fresh lemon flavor. Taste like a pound cake in cookie form!”
Visual learner? Watch me make these glazed lemon pound cake cookies from start to finish!
Pound cakes are a true Southern staple. I don’t know too many Southern folks that didn’t grow up eating pound cakes on a weekly basis.
When I was younger, there was ALWAYS a pound cake under that ugly lime green Tupperware cake cover. This reason is why I didn’t care for pound cakes too much as a child.
Now that I’ve grown up, I can’t seem to stop making them! You can find lots of different pound cake recipes on this blog, and I can assure you the collection will be ever growing.
But what about pound cake cookies?? Have you ever had them before? It’s exactly like the name says. Like, seriously guys, it’s like eating pound cake in cookie form.
Tighten up those girdles ladies because today we are making glazed lemon pound cake cookies and mercy they are divine!
These glazed lemon pound cake cookies are fluffy on the inside with slightly crisp edges and beautiful golden bottoms.
The lemon flavor shines through with all of that fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract! Oh and that sweet and tart lemon glaze on top!
Yep, these cookies are for lemon lovers!
Just like regular pound cake, pound cake cookies are so versatile. You’ll be seeing these cookies in many more flavors shortly!
Stay tuned for chocolate pound cake cookie recipe and a cream cheese pound cake cookie recipe. Hey, don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Get the Recipe: Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- lemon zest, from 1-2 lemons
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, may need a bit more or less
- lemon zest, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar, butter, and shortening.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, pouring in buttermilk to make stirring easier.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Using a mini cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough 2 inches apart (they spread quite a bit) on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the remaining dough in between baking batches to keep dough firm.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. *see note*
- Let sit on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Removes cookies from pan and let cool completely on cooling rack.
- To make the lemon glaze, add powdered sugar to a bowl.
- Add in lemon juice a little at a time until glaze is thin enough to brush on but not runny.
- Brush glaze on completely cooled cookies and sprinkle with a little lemon zest. (work in small batches as glaze hardens fast.)
- Store in airtight container
Recipe adapted from Shady Groves cookbook & tea cakes
Southern Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon Cake Doughnuts
Lemon Ricotta Sugar Cookies
These cookies are soo good, and they stay soft for dayzzzzzs