I love a good fruit pizza, especially in the summertime when juicy, sweet fruit is at the peak of perfection! I could eat a whole fruit pizza all by myself without even blinking (sad I know). I’m just a sucker for that rich sugar cookie crust, sweet cream cheese spread, & ripe fresh fruit fruit…YUMMMMMMM!!
While I love me some calories, I decided to create a low-fat, kinda-healthier but not really, fruit pizza.
I’ll also include the recipe for the regular version of fruit pizza below as well for those who aren’t trying to watch their figure.
Figure-Friendly Fruit Pizza Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: fruit pizza
- 1 tube low-fat refrigerated sugar cookies (I use the reduce fat Trader Joes brand)
- 8 oz container of low-fat cream cheese. (I use weight watchers)
- 8 oz container of fat-free cool whip
- 6oz container of thick and creamy fruit-flavored, fat-free yogurt *optional ( I used strawberry shortcake flavor)
- Assorted fruits (pineapples, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, blueberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press out a roll of sugar cookie dough into a pizza pan.
- Place into the oven for about 10-12 minutes and then let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese & Cool Whip.
- Stir in yogurt if using.
- Spread cream mixture over cool cookie crust and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Prepare the fruit you will need. I used 5 kiwis, ½ c. blueberries, 1 can of sliced peaches, 1 container of strawberries, and 1 c. pineapples.
- Arrange the fruit in the desired pattern.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.