Figure-Friendly Fruit Pizza Recipe
I love a good fruit pizza, especially in the summertime when juicy, sweet fruit is at the peak of perfection! I could eat a whole fruit pizza all by myself without even blinking (sad I know). I’m just a sucker for that rich sugar cookie crust, sweet cream cheese spread, & ripe fresh fruit fruit…YUMMMMMMM!!
While I love me some calories, I decided to create a low-fat, kinda-healthier but not really, fruit pizza.
I’ll also include the recipe for the regular version of fruit pizza below as well for those who aren’t trying to watch their figure.
- 1 tube low-fat refrigerated sugar cookies (I use the reduce fat Trader Joes brand)
- 8 oz container of low-fat cream cheese. (I use weight watchers)
- 8 oz container of fat-free cool whip
- 6oz container of thick and creamy fruit-flavored, fat-free yogurt *optional ( I used strawberry shortcake flavor)
- Assorted fruits (pineapples, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, blueberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press out a roll of sugar cookie dough into a pizza pan.
- Place into the oven for about 10-12 minutes and then let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese & Cool Whip.
- Stir in yogurt if using.
- Spread cream mixture over cool cookie crust and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Prepare the fruit you will need. I used 5 kiwis, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1 can of sliced peaches, 1 container of strawberries, and 1 c. pineapples.
- Arrange the fruit in the desired pattern.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.