Watch me make these twice-baked sweet potatoes with butter pecan streusel from start to finish!
These twice-baked sweet potatoes are like individual sweet potato casseroles. People simply love them! If you’re having a small Thanksgiving gathering these would be a perfect side dish. And yes, forget what you heard, twice-baked sweet potatoes/sweet potato casserole are side dishes, not desserts! Hey, I didn’t make the rules but I’m so glad somebody did because it really is like having a pre-dessert with your meal, which means you have an excuse to have a piece of cake afterward. #winning
This is one of my favorite recipes for twice-baked sweet potatoes. The fluffy, creamy filling is mixed with butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice and then topped with a downright delicious butter pecan streusel. For family dinners, I like to serve it alongside steaks or chicken. Soooo good!
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Butter Pecan Streusel
- 4 medium sweet potatoes baked
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of ground clove
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 T butter softened
- couple drops butter pecan extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice baked and cooled sweet potatoes lengthwise
- Carefully, scoop out the flesh into a medium size bowl, leaving about a 1/4 inch boarder inside the sweet potato.
- Mash the sweet potatoes inside the bowl with a potato masher until creamy.
- Add in sugars, cream cheese, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
- Stir until well combined.
- Spoon filling back into the sweet potatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make the streusel but combining flour, butter, butter pecan extract, cinnamon, pecan and brown sugar, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of each sweet potato.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve hot!