So I might as well add these sweet, moist vegetable muffins to the list. My toddler asked me to make these muffins for him last week. I don’t know why I just light up when he asks me to make him things. I love cooking for my lil mook mook.
Anyway, I use to make these vegetable muffins for him in mini-form all the time when he was one. I couldn’t believe he still remembered them. I guess seeing all the squash and zucchini piled up on the counter jogged his memory.
These muffins are loaded with sweet carrots, zucchini, and squash with a sweet, cinnamon taste. If you like quick breads like banana bread, zucchini bread, apple bread and things like that, then you will love these muffins!
If you’re a veggie hater, don’t worry about tasting any veggies in this recipe. My son says “it just tastes like cake” : )
|Sweet muffins loaded with carrots, zucchini and squash!|
|Yummy! Can you see those specks of cinnamon…|
|Summer is so colorful!
This muffin recipe is great for using up all that extra produce
from the garden and it freezes beautifully!
|These veggie muffins make the house smell so good!|
Watch me make these moist, sweet veggie muffins from start to finish just for you!
Toddler Approved Sweet Veggie Muffins
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1 cup zucchini finely shredded
- 1/2-1 cup squash finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add vegetable oil, packed brown sugar, & white sugar.
- Use a mixer to combine.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Stir in pure vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Stir gently just until well combined. The batter will be thick and doughy.
- Stir in the fresh shredded vegetables.
- Generously grease and flour muffin pans.
- Fill the cups ¾ inch full of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.