Easy Oven Fried Chicken….
When was the last time you sank your teeth down into a juicy, golden, crispy piece of oven fried chicken??
Well we’ve been doing that a lot around my house and I think we have officially given fried chicken the boot!
Don’t get me wrong now I do love some southern fried chicken but I hate working with hot grease, the time it takes from start to finish and the smell of my kitchen afterwards. That is why I’d only make it a few times a year.
My husband actually prefers oven fried over deep fried. He says he likes that it doesn’t have that greasiness to it, it’s moister and that he doesn’t have to go to work with his clothes smelling like a grandma’s house for a week. LOL
I’ve played around with a few oven-fried chicken recipes and this one (a combination of my grandmothers and my regular fried chicken recipe) seems to be the one I’m sticking to for now. It fries so beautifully in the oven and never fails to get golden and crisp. I also like that it doesn’t make the kitchen smokey like some oven fried chicken recipes have.
It’s seasoned perfectly and smells soooo good when it’s cooking. I hope that you and your fam will enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!
|Crispy, Easy, Oven Fried Chicken|
Watch me make this easy oven fried chicken from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Easy Oven Fried Chicken....
- 2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce, optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with paprika
- Combine the remaining spices in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the chicken and reserve the other half for the flour.
- Use your hands to distribute the seasonings all over the chicken
- Add flour to a separate bowl.
- Pour in the other half of the seasoning mixture. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add in the egg, milk and a few dashes of hot sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Set a plate aside to place the chicken on once you’re done dipping them.
- First dip the chicken into the egg mixture with one hand. Let excess drip off.
- With the other hand place the chicken in the flour and coat. Using different hands keeps the flour from becoming clumpy.
- Shake off the excess flour and place the chicken on the plate.
- Let chicken sit for 5 minutes. Recoat in flour if desired.
- Generously grease a grill pan rack with vegetable oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill rack.
- Mix butter and olive oil and drizzle over chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Broil for the last 3-4 minutes to crisp up the skin more if desired.
- Let chicken rest before serving.
Thank you for a simple oven fried chicken recipe!
This was a big hit with my family. I used a whole cut up chicken and even with the skin removed, it still made for a very satisfying breading. I used buttermilk instead of milk, but kept everything else the same. It was the best oven fried chicken I’ve ever made!