Pizza casserole is one of those recipes that every mom should have in her stash. It’s an easy go-to, family meal when you need something that everyone will enjoy.
For a more adult twist, I’ll make white pizza casserole with spinach, grilled chicken, caramelized onions, mozzarella, white cheddar cheese, and white wine sauce.
Watch me make this pizza casserole for you from start to finish!
Pizza in casserole form...
- 3 cup dry spiral pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese plus more if desired
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 white onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey can use beef
- 1 smoked turkey dinner sausage link can use pepperoni or Italian sausage
- 2 cups pizza sauce I used half pizza sauce and half tomato cheese pasta sauce
- 1 cup cheese plus more if desired (I used white cheddar and pizza cheese blend)
- OPTIONAL* feel free to add in any other favorite pizza toppings like black olives mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Toss pasta with the Italian Seasoning and parmesan cheese. Set aside
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet.
- Sauté onions, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add cooked vegetables to the pasta.
- Brown the meat in a large pot and drain if needed.
- Add the pasta & veggies to the pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in the pizza sauce.
- Taste and adjust any seasonings if needed. You may add in salt, pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, etc. if desired.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle on the cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning or parsley.
- Serve and enjoy.