Our final assignment for the Youtube NextChefs was given to us by Top Chef Zac Young. He is so fabu!!!
He gave a great message about being yourself and challenging yourself to think outside of the box! Loved it!!
He challenged us to create a unique cookie that represented our personality. I was wondering how the heck was I gonna fit all of THIS into a cookie!! : )
So I finally came up with these stuffed peaches & cream cookie bites AKA “The All About Me Cookie” I think they sum me up pretty well. They are tiny, full of flavor and so fun!! They taste kinda like peach cobbler with ice cream meets peach crisp!
Watch me make these Stuffed Peaches & Cream Cookie Bites from start to finish!
Stuffed Peaches And Cream Cookie Bites
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour may need a tad bit more
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 10 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup pureed peaches
- 1/2 cup fresh diced peaches can use more
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar can decrease if peaches are really sweet
- CRUMB TOPPING
- 1/4-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats can add more if desire
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon can use more or less
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until combined.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until partially frozen.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peach puree until combined.
- Fold in the diced peaches. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the crumb topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray nonstick mini muffin tins with baking spray.
- Remove partially frozen dough from freezer.
- Take about a tablespoon size of dough and flatten in out.
- Drop a small teaspoon amount of the peach mixture into the center of the dough.
- Fold the dough over, sealing the ends and then roll into a ball.
- Place into the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the tops with crumb topping.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. They will firm up as they cool.
- Remove from pan and enjoy.
~The dough can be really sticky so make sure it's partially frozen. You may need to pop it back into the freezer if it starts to warm up and get stick while handling.
~Double the diced peaches if you like lots of peaches! I'll do that next time!
~There was a lot of peach cream mixture and crisp mixture left over. You could certainly get away with halving the recipe for those two.
~Change it up!! Use a different fruits! Blueberries would be nice!
~ Don't overstuff!!