Easy Greek Lamb Wraps Recipe
I’ve been craving a lamb wrap all month and when I saw Target had lamb on sale for $6.99 I knew God loved me. Greek lamb wraps (gyros, pitas, whatever you prefer to call them) are so easy to make and are great for picnics or lunches when you wanna take something different.
It’s all about the heavily seasoned lamb and cool cucumber sauce that makes this wrap so divine. (homemade cucumber sauce recipe coming up because I really didn’t like the store-bought one)
Watch me make these easy greek lamb wraps from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Easy Greek Lamb Wraps Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- lamb, just under a lb
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- tomato slices
- red onion, slices
- cucumber slices
- flat bread
- cucumber sauce
- Make small slits in the lamb and tuck the garlic slices in the slits. (don't cut lamb all the way through)
- Combine seasonings.
- Sprinkle lamb generously with seasonings on both sides (may not need all of mixture)
- Wrap the lamb tightly in Saran wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. (overnight is best)
- Bring lamb to room temperature.
- Broil on low for 6 minutes on one side, flip and broil for 6 minutes on the other side. (timing may vary)
- Let lamb cool before slicing.
- Slice into strips.
- Spread cucumber sauce onto flatbread.
- Top with tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers.
- Serve with additional cucumber sauce for dipping.
Let the lamb sit overnight for best results.
Throw in some feta cheese for extra jazz!
Don't be afraid to go heavy on the seasonings!