It’s been a really lazy, cold, & quiet (Isaac is at his grandparents) Sunday afternoon at my house. It’s rare that the house is clean AND I don’t have anything on my schedule ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I didn’t know what to do with myself after wasting time catching up on reality shows and reading so I made this homemade chicken noodle soup.
This is one of my favorite chicken noodle soup recipes, yep, even better than my grandmother’s version that I posted (sorry grandma) It does take a lil time since you have to roast the chicken and simmer the broth, but it’s so worth it.
It’s full of flavor and downright comforting! I made it to stock in the freezer in case a nasty cold or God forbid, the flu tries to run up in here. It’s always good to have homemade chicken noodle soup on hand when you’re feeling icky because the high sodium canned stuff just makes you feel worst IMO.
This easy chicken noodles soup is full of roasted chicken, sauteed carrots, garlic, onions and celery all simmered in a flavorful, seasoned homemade broth.
Is it wrong that I’m kinda hoping someone will call me and tell me they aren’t feeling well so that I can rush over with this soup???This homemade chicken noodle soup pairs up so well with Grandma’s Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
Watch me make this homemade chicken noodle soup
from start to finish!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
By Divas Can Cook- Monique
- 3 lb whole chicken
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- reserved chicken skin and bones
- 3-4 celery sticks
- 2 carrots
- ½ white onion
- 5-6 sprigs of parsley
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning
- ADD INS
- olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ large white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups of egg noodles
- 3-4 springs parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place chicken baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle GENEROUSLY with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let chicken cool and remove meat from bones. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot add all of the BROTH ingredients except for the seasonings.
- Cover with enough water just until everything is submerged. Do not fill the pot with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1½ hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to removed and disgard the broth ingredients.
- Strain the broth through a fine strainer.
- Add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to season the broth. Taste after each addition.
- Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of the stock pot with olive oil and saute' the ADD INS (carrots, celery, onion) until the onions are semi-translucent.
- Add in the garlic.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and parsely cook for 6-8 minutes or until al dente (do not overcook)
- Remove from heat and add in the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!! You totally made a bangin' pot of homemade chicken noodle soup!