The Best Pineapple Lemonade
Watch me make this Pineapple Lemonade from start to finish!
This week I purchased another tree to add to my edible landscape and sunroom, a lemon tree!!
I’ve never had much success with growing patio trees, but since I’ve somehow magically acquired a semi-green thumb, I’m giving it another shot.
I’ve cleared out the perfect sunny spot for it in my sunroom right next to the soon-to-arrive avocado tree.
And yes, I am already dreaming of all the delicious lemon recipes I’ll make with my own homegrown lemons.
This pineapple lemonade is one of them!
Bring on the hot weather!!
This pineapple lemonade is perfectly sweet and tart and is such a fun twist to add to classic summer lemonade. Not to mention the recipe is crazy simple and super easy to double or triple to keep the drinks flowing.
So if you’re looking for a simple lemonade recipe that’s great for cooling off in the summertime or even as a quick punch for baby showers or birthday parties, give it a try!
Why I love this Pineapple Lemonade
Simple Ingredients- This pineapple lemonade comes together with just four pure ingredients. No premade lemonades, mixes, or concentrates are needed.
Sweet & Tart- I’ve had pineapple lemonade that tasted like lemonade with just a hint of pineapple. Boo. This pineapple lemonade is heavy on the pineapple with the natural tartness of lemons for a delicious tropical vibe. It’s so good!
How to make Pineapple Lemonade.
Fresh Lemon Juice – Use juice from fresh lemons for this recipe. You’ll get a much more intense lemon flavor than using bottled lemon juice.
Pure Pineapple Juice- To get the BEST taste, use pure pineapple juice that is not from concentrate. I use Lakehouse brand pineapple juice. It’s cold pressed with no other added ingredients. See below for how to juice a fresh pineapple without a juicer.
Granulated sugar- An easy, simple syrup gives this pineapple lemonade the best sweetness. You can also cut back on the sugar and substitute light golden agave.
Water– Use filtered water for the purest taste.
- In a large glass measuring cup, juice lemons. (strain to remove any pulp or seeds)
- Pour the lemon juice into your serving pitcher.
- Stir in pineapple juice.
- To make the simple syrup, in a large glass measuring cup, add sugar and almost- boiling hot water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and syrup is clear.
- Stir the simple syrup into the pitcher.
- Stir in the remaining cold water. Add a little at a time, tasting until you get your desired sweetness. (Remember, if serving over ice, the ice will water it down a bit. I like mine on the sweeter side because of this)
- Serve pineapple lemonade over ice and garnish with lemon & pineapple slices if desired.
How to extract more juice from lemons
For this pineapple lemonade recipe, I used about seven large lemons to equal 1 cup of lemon juice. They were older, so they were already soft and very juicy.
If your lemons are firm, you can roll them firmly on the counter to soften them up (my preferred method), heat them in the microwave, or soak them in a bowl of hot water for about 40 minutes.
Fresh pineapple juice (without a juicer)
- Remove the rind from the pineapples and chop them into pieces. (You’ll need about two pineapples to get 4 cups of juice needed for this recipe)
- Place pineapples into a high-powered blender and blend until the pineapple is like a puree.
- Pour pineapple puree into a straining bag ( I use a nut milk bag) and squeeze out the juice. Discard the pulp.
- Strain the juice. It is now ready to use!
Looking to add another juice flavor to this pineapple lemonade?
Here are a few of my favorites!
Make it Boozy!
Turn this pineapple lemonade into an alcoholic drink, by adding vodka (flavored vodka is a delicious addition) or bourbon.
Can I use Sprite instead of water? Yes, you can use any lemon-lime soda. You may want to cut down on the sugar though, depending on how sweet your soda is.
How do I turn this into a pineapple lemonade punch? This recipe triples wonderfully and makes a great party punch. Use club soda, ginger ale, or lemon-lime soda to add fizz to this recipe. You can also increase the sugar, as most punches are on the really sweet side. Add to a beverage dispenser or lemon-garnished punch bowl!
How do I garnish this pineapple lemonade? This pineapple lemonade looks so festive when garnished with fresh pineapple and lemon wedges. Mint leaves add a gorgeous pop of color, and frozen pineapple chunks make great little ice cubes.
Can I use a lemonade mix? This recipe tastes best with fresh lemon juice. If you use a lemonade mix or lemonade concentrate, you will need to adjust the sugar and water. You’ll love the fresh flavor of this recipe as is!
Is pineapple lemonade healthy? Adding sugar to this recipe keeps it from being considered a healthy or low-calorie drink. However, pineapple and lemons are known to be very healthy and full of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. If you’re looking for a reduced sugar or sugar-free pineapple lemonade option, go with light golden agave.
Get the Recipe: Refreshing Pineapple Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6-7 lemons)
- 4 cups pure pineapple juice (Fresh or cold-pressed without added ingredients. I use Lakehouse brand)
- 1 cup near-boiling water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups very cold water
- In a large glass measuring cup, juice the lemons. (strain to remove any pulp or seeds)1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6-7 lemons)
- Pour lemon juice into a serving pitcher. (make sure your pitcher can hold atleast 12 cups)
- Stir in pineapple juice. Set aside.4 cups pure pineapple juice (Fresh or cold-pressed without added ingredients. I use Lakehouse brand)
- To make the simple syrup, in a large glass measuring cup, add hot water and stir in sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup is clear.1 cup near-boiling water, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Stir the simple syrup into the pitcher.
- Stir in the remaining cold water. Add a little at a time, tasting until you get your desired sweetness. (Remember, when serving over ice, the ice will water it down a bit. I like mine on the sweeter side because of this)4 cups very cold water
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon & pineapple slices if desired.