“How to make sweet & tart watermelon lemonade. Easy recipe with simple ingredients. Perfect refreshing summertime drink!”
Homemade lemonade is so easy to make and taste sooooooo much better than anything you will find in the store. Although I do confess to loving that Simply Lemonade!
Summer was made for ice cold lemonade! So if you haven’t made up a pitcher yet, go on ahead and give it a try! It’s so fun to play around with different fruit combinations to switch things up a bit. I ran across a recipe for lavender lemonade that looked so pretty! I’ll def. be trying that one soon.
But today we’re making this super refreshing watermelon lemonade. I had half a watermelon left and thought it would be the perfect time to make some watermelon lemonade to go with our grilled burgers and fries for lunch.
This watermelon lemonade is as simple and pure as it gets! Water, lemons, watermelon, sugar and mint!
Yep that’s it!
I just love the way fresh mint and watermelon get along. Every sip leaves your mouth cool and refreshed. It’s like a little bit of summer in a glass!
Quick lemon juicing tips: To soften up a lemon and make it easier to juice, microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
You can replace the water with sparkling water or even add a few splashes of vodka! Invite me over if you decide to go the vodka route. Heeeeeeey!
Watch me make this watermelon lemonade from start to finish!
Fresh Watermelon Lemonade
- 1/2 medium-size watermelon or enough to make 4 cups watermelon juice
- 4-5 large lemons or enough to make 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 - 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4-6 cups water or sparkling water
- fresh mint
- Scoop watermelon into a blender or food processor.
- Process until liquid.
- Strain watermelon through a mesh strainer, reserving 4 cups of watermelon juice and discarding the watermelon flesh.
- Pour the watermelon juice into a pitcher. Set aside.
- Juice the lemons to equal 1 cup (use more if you prefer it really tart. I used 4 large lemons and got 1 cup of lemon juice)
- Strain the lemon juice and add it to the pitcher.
- Add in water.
- Stir in sugar to sweeten to desired taste.
- Serve immediatley over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves and lemon slices.