Watch me make this easy, moist banana bread from start to finish!
Ok so a few years ago I posted an old-fashioned banana bread recipe that is great!! It’s moist, dense, and just lovely. Then a viewer sent me a recipe for bakery-style banana bread that knocked my socks off. It was so fluffy, sweet, moist, and full of banana flavor. So my search for the perfect banana bread should be over right? Never!!
Today I was craving banana bread but I wanted it to be EVERYTHING that these two recipes had. I wanted that old-fashioned cinnamon-brown sugar-banana flavor, I wanted it to have that slight crunch on the outside yet crazy moist, fluffy, & dense on the inside. That’s not asking for too much right? With a little tweaking, I combined the two banana bread recipes on my site, and out came this beauty.
The perfect banana bread. My search is over. This is my favorite banana bread…. for now : )
It’s everything that I’ve ever wanted in banana bread and I couldn’t wait to share it with you all. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we have because I made it at 12 pm. and there is one more slice left at 7:41 pm and it’s that end slice. The one that’s not nearly as much fun as the inside slices. I still plan on hiding it and eating it with a hot cup of coffee though.
I just love that this bread has buttermilk in it. Something about buttermilk in quick bread just makes it so moist and adds great flavor. If I had some black walnuts I’d throw them in there as well. So yum!!
If you’re the type that likes to bake up quick loaves of bread and take them to work or give them away as gifts this is the recipe you want to use. It has a crowd-pleaser written all over it and tastes even better the next day and is much sweeter the next day as well!
Moist Banana Bread
- All ingredients should be room tempt.
- 3 large extra ripe bananas 1 1/2 cups mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar I used 1/2 cup
- 8 tablespoons butter softened ( 1 stick)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas until creamy and stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs until combined.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Add in the vanilla extract and buttermilk.
- Beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- STIR GENTLY AND JUST UNTIL THE FLOUR IS INCORPORATED. DO NOT OVER STIR.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cooking times may vary. Check on bread at the 1 hour mark. Toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean and bread should be golden on the outside.
- Brush the top of the bread with butter if desire when it comes out of the oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Slice and enjoy! (flavors will intensify the next day)