Cheddar Herb Muffin Bites
I’m currently in the process of helping one of my readers plan a tea party themed baby shower. The minute she asked me for help creating an amazing brunch menu I knew these cheddar herb muffin bites were a must.
Besides being so cute and perfect for a tea party baby shower, they are downright addictive. These fluffy, golden muffins pack a big cheesy flavor and just melts in your mouth.
It’s all about the cheese when it comes to this recipe so be sure to use a quality brand with bold flavor. I prefer using at least one flavored cheeses for these muffins because it doesn’t require me to add in any spices or herbs to the muffin batter. The cheese does all the work!
I’m using Cracker Barrel’s premium cheeses; extra sharp cheddar for a tangy, classic flavor and Mediterranean Herb cheddar cheese for a hint of oregano, basil and rosemary. I’ve also made these using Cracker Barrel’s Jalepeno cheese and they were a hit as well.
You can find a variety of Cracker Barrels affordable, award-winning cheeses in most local grocery stores. I usually get mine from Target.
If you’re entertaining in the near future whip up a batch of these super easy, cheddar herb muffin bites using Cracker Barrels cheese and just watch how fast they disappear.
Watch me make the Cheddar muffin bites from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Cheddar Muffin Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, grated
- 1 cup Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Cracker Barrel Mediterranean Herb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups cold buttermilk
- Melted butter and parsley flakes, to brush on hot muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter, just until the butter is coated with flour mixture and crumbly.
- Stir in the cheeses until coated with flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add buttermilk.
- Use a rubber spatula or your hands to gently incorporate the buttermilk into the dry mixture just until moistened.
- Batter will be very sticky. Do not over stir.
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to drop the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot.
Add garlic & herbs to the melted butter mixture if desired.
Be sure the buttermilk and butter are cold.
Do not over stir. This will cause tough muffins.
Hi, can someone tell me where to purchase the cracker barrel Meditarranean herb cheese? I live in NJ or maybe I can order online? I can’t find it anywhere
I cant find the Cracker Barrel Mediterranean Herb cheddar cheese anywhere, not even on the cracker barrel website. I really wanted to try it with that particular cheese.
Melting in my mouth! It’s a hit, this is my second time making it. I skip the melted butter at the end, still yummy!!!
Haven’t tried it yet, will be sure to. These look so yummy! Is it possible to make them in a full sized muffin tin?
I was wondering where you get your muffin pans from! (both the standard and the mini sizes)
These are amazing. I have made these for 3 events and everyone loves them.