I’m currently in the process of helping one of my readers plan a tea party themed baby shower. The minute she asked me for help creating an amazing brunch menu I knew these cheddar herb muffin bites were a must.
Besides being so cute and perfect for a tea party baby shower, they are downright addictive. These fluffy, golden muffins pack a big cheesy flavor and just melts in your mouth.
It’s all about the cheese when it comes to this recipe so be sure to use a quality brand with bold flavor. I prefer using at least one flavored cheeses for these muffins because it doesn’t require me to add in any spices or herbs to the muffin batter. The cheese does all the work!
I’m using Cracker Barrel’s premium cheeses; extra sharp cheddar for a tangy, classic flavor and Mediterranean Herb cheddar cheese for a hint of oregano, basil and rosemary. I’ve also made these using Cracker Barrel’s Jalepeno cheese and they were a hit as well.
You can find a variety of Cracker Barrels affordable, award-winning cheeses in most local grocery stores. I usually get mine from Target.
If you’re entertaining in the near future whip up a batch of these super easy, cheddar herb muffin bites using Cracker Barrels cheese and just watch how fast they disappear.
Watch me make the Cheddar muffin bites from start to finish!
Cheddar Muffin Bites
By Divas Can Cook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, grated
- 1 cup Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Cracker Barrel Mediterranean Herb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1½ cups cold buttermilk
- Melted butter and parsley flakes, to brush on hot muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter, just until the butter is coated with flour mixture and crumbly.
- Stir in the cheeses until coated with flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add buttermilk.
- Use a rubber spatula or your hands to gently incorporate the buttermilk into the dry mixture just until moistened.
- Batter will be very sticky. Do not over stir.
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to drop the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot.