Creamy & Silky Homemade Hot Chocolate
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. milk
- 2 T. Unsweetened cocoa powder (a good quality)
- 2 T. sugar
- ¾ c. white chocolate morsels
- 1 t. vanilla
- In a saucepan add milk & water. (I've tried it with just 2 cups of milk and it's very rich and creamy!)
- Add Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder & sugar
- Stir over medium heat until well combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips & vanilla extract. Constantly stir until the chocolate is melted. Never let the mixture come to a boil. Reduce heat if needed.
- Ladle into mugs and top high with cool whip. Garnish with shaved white chocolate and a big strawberry. Once that cool whip melts down into the hot chocolate will have same frothiness as marshmallows! YUMM!
*Note* Let me forewarn you guys that this stuff is rich & SWEET, SWEET, SWEET!! I’m sure you figured that out from the white chocolate, cool whip and sugar though right? lol If you prefer a milder hot chocolate then hunnie child…this is not for you! On the other hand if you love all things ultra chocolately then my friend…let me introduce you to pure bliss. (You could also add in some extra milk to even out the sweetness.)