Bakery Style Banana Bread
Ok…now I posted one of my favorite recipes for banana bread a few weeks ago called Moist Old Fashioned Banana Bread
Well, one of my readers sent me this email and banana bread recipe that has completely converted me over to this recipe! Now don’t get me wrong, I still love me some old school banana bread but this moist banana bread recipe taste just like the kind you get from a bakery; super soft, moist, light & dense all at the same time! The banana flavor is incredible and the freezer tip really does make this banana bread out of this world moist!
I made your old fashioned banana bread & it is truly is old fashioned! I mean that in a good way. It tastes exactly the way I remember my mother making it. I will for sure be adding this recipe to my family cookbook for when I am craving some good old fashion banana bread.
However, I do believe I hold the recipe to the best banana bread of all time (smile) It comes from my neighbor who made me a batch of this bread when I was under the weather. I’ve tasted and made plenty of banana bread in my day, and this recipe is by far the BEST banana bread ever. I promise! Everyone who I have made this bread for says it’s the best, even a local bakery with a trained baker begged me for this recipe!
I would love for you to give it a try when you have time and if you like it, feel free to share it with your readers. I am 61 and love your blog and have been reading since I found it on google! I guess I still have some diva in me. Thanks so much for sharing your recipes. They are so delicious and I love seeing more young women getting into scratch-made cooking!
Frances A. Maybin
Yall this bread is soooo freakin good!! I couldn’t wait to make it. Have I ever told you guys that I LOVE getting emails and recipes from you all??? Well, I do! They always make me smile. There was no way I could keep this gem of a recipe from yall. You be the judge…is it the BEST banana bread you’ve ever had???? Imma have to say YES!!! You have a winner here Ms. Frances and I am so glad you shared your recipe with me!!! *hugs & kisses*
The BEST Moist Banana Bread Recipe (Melt in Your Mouth Bakery Style Banana Bread!)
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: bread
- 1½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2⅛ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Preheat Oven to 275 F (yes that's correct : )
- Mash up bananas really good with a fork and mix in lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time & then add in vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternating it with the buttermilk.
- Fold in bananas.
- Pour batter into two greased & flour loaf pans & bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer to cool for about 20-30 minutes. This will make the bread incredibly moist.
- Store in an airtight container. (I keep it in the refrigerator)
- Enjoy with a dollop of cool whip!! Yummy!