Ok…now I posted one of my favorite recipes for banana bread a few weeks ago called Moist Old Fashioned Banana Bread
The BEST Moist Banana Bread Recipe (Melt in Your Mouth Bakery Style Banana Bread!)
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: bread
- 1½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2⅛ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Preheat Oven to 275 F (yes that's correct : )
- Mash up bananas really good with a fork and mix in lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time & then add in vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternating it with the buttermilk.
- Fold in bananas.
- Pour batter into two greased & flour loaf pans & bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer to cool for about 20-30 minutes. This will make the bread incredibly moist.
- Store in an airtight container. (I keep it in the refrigerator)
- Enjoy with a dollop of cool whip!! Yummy!