Sugar Cookies Icing (Frosting) Recipe
This is my favorite icing for sugar cookies and even butter cookies. It’s creamy, quick, easy, sweet, and it dries hard, smooth & glossy. If you are looking for a great sugar cookies icing please do not buy that crappy sugar cookies frosting from the store. Your homemade cookies deserve better!!
I think you will find that this homemade recipe is gourmet quality (I know this because I got it from an excellent baker. Heeeeey Louis and thanks for submitting yet another awesome recipe!)
I especially like this icing on sugar cookies because the sweet, vanilla taste compliments it so well.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 Tablespoons of milk (you may need a few drops more)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Tablespoon corn syrup
- In a bowl add powdered sugar. Add in milk slowly, stirring after each addition until it is at your desired consistency.
- Add in corn syrup & vanilla. Stir until combined.
- If using different colors, divide the frosting into bowls and add food coloring.
- Frost & decorate and let set on cooling rack until frosting has hardened.