Fudgy Cheesecake Brownies
“Dark Chocolate Fudgy Cheesecake Brownies that are super fudgy with a creamy cheesecake layer! Easy homemade recipe with simple ingredients”
Visual learner? Watch me make these fudgy cheesecake brownies from start to finish!
“Hmmmm.. what can I make on Divas Can Cook?” this has been a common phrase in my house this month. Sometimes I’m just bursting with recipes I can’t wait to post and other times I’m drawing blanks.
This week has been blanks! I haven’t done much “normal cooking” because I’ve been working on my cookbook which is such a full-time job honey let me tell ya! But you guys are going to LOVE this cookbook! I’m so excited, but more on that later!
Back to the brownies! As I was pondering what to make this week, Isaac said “Brownies mom. Give them brownies!” without missing a beat from his video game. lol Gosh, I love that kid! You just can’t go wrong with a good, from-scratch brownie recipe right? They’re easy, quick and such a crowd-pleaser!
Besides it’s about time I gave these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars some company!
So today we’re making these super addictive, ultra fudgy cheesecake brownies that are so simple and downright delicious. They double and triple well, making them GREAT for parties!
The homemade dark chocolate brownie base is so thick and fudgy. It’s the PERFECT brownie texture to be kept in the refrigerator, which this recipe needs. It gets that deep, dark color from using Hershey’s Dark unsweetened cocoa powder, which I’m really starting to love by the way, as you can see! But you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder if you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate.
The creamy, cheesecake layer is so simple and delicious. It gives you that nice sweet and tangy flavor of cheesecake which pairs up great with the dark chocolate brownie.
I mean, don’t you just wanna grab one off the plate and devour it with a tall glass of milk?? I can only imagine how amazing these cheesecake brownies would be with vanilla ice cream, mercy!
Get the Recipe: Fudgy Cheesecake Brownies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325. F
- Line an 8 x 8 glass pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Mix in eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the brownie batter and place it into a bowl.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of water into the reserved brownie mixture to thin it out a bit. Set aside.
- Spoon the rest of the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out into an even layer.
- To make the cream cheese mixture, in a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and egg.
- Mix in sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batter.
- Drop the reserved brownie mixture on top of the cream cheese layer in several circle dallops.
- Use a knife to lightly swirl the thinned brownie batter into the cream cheese layer to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean(The center will be slightly jiggly).
- Let cool on a cooling rack and then refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
- Cut into small bars and serve.
- Store in the fridge.