Jalapeno Popper Dip
“Addictive jalapeno popper dip that’s full of bacon, cheese, and spices! Creamy, cheesy with a little heat!”
Visual learner? Watch me make this jalapeno popper dip from start to finish!
Have you ever had jalapeno popper dip?
It’s been years since I’ve made jalapeno popper dip and I almost forgot how delicious it was. When I made it this week my husband and I just stood there eating it straight out of the pan while saying “errrmagawd….this is so good…”
Even my boys couldn’t stop with this dip which was really surprising to me because they don’t normally go for dips like this. After all the baguettes were gone, they were looking for other things to dip in it.
Yeah, it’s truly one of those type dips where you just can’t stop and don’t want to!
Apparently, it’s one of the most Googled dip appetizer recipes and I can certainly see why. It’s so full of flavor and so daggum addictive with those spicy jalapenos and cool, creamy, cheesy base. It’s such a perfect pairing and great for parties.
What to serve with jalapeno popper dip?
This question is easy. The answer is. Buttered. And. Toasted. Baguettes. Nuff said. End of story. Good day sir! Seriously, don’t serve these with ANYTHING ELSE. No crackers, no celery sticks, none of that! Go to the bakery and get some fresh baguettes ok? Did you hear me? There is just something about those crispy, buttery edges and that chewy center! Your guest will LOVE you and it makes this dip taste almost too good!
Should you use canned or fresh jalapenos?
This question is also easy, diced CANNED! As much I love using fresh ingredients in my recipes, sometimes the canned just taste better and this is one of those times. I use the HOT variety of diced jalapenos by accident one time and I’ve never looked back.
Is jalapeno popper dip hot?
This is not a hot dip IMO. If you use hot canned jalapeno it will have a bit of after-kick, but the cream cheese and sour cream really calm it down quickly. I’m not much of a spicy foods person at all but I always use the hot diced jalapenos in this recipe and my boys love it.
I hope you enjoy this jalapeno popper dip as much as we do!
Get the Recipe: Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 8 oz bars cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse, I used Dukes
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley + more for garnishing
- 1 1/2 cups Colby jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese freshly, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped into bits (I used uncured turkey bacon)
- 4 oz can diced jalapenos, I used hot version
- 2 French baguette loaves, Use fresh, bakery loaves
- 8 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl cream together cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Add in cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley.
- Stir in 1 cup Colby jack and 1 cup mild cheddar.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon and stir in the rest.
- Stir in the jalapenos.
- Taste mixture and add in additional seasoning if desired.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 casserole dish and spread into an even layer.
- Mix together remaining cheese and sprinkle on top. (1/2 cup Colby jack, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzarella)
- Sprinkle on the reserved bacon and enough parsley to make it pretty.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese has melted.
- When dip is done remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- If the surface is oily (which mine always is) lay a paper towel on the top and press gently to soak up the extra oil.
- If desired, garnish the top with fresh parsley or cilantro.
- While the dip is cooling, slice the baguette into thin slices.
- Melt butter and mix in some parsley if desired.
- Brush bread with butter.
- Toast the bread.
- Serve the dip hot with the buttered baguettes.
Can I add chicken to this?
I tried this and it was delicious! I added hot sausage. I made it again for my niece who is a vegetarian and doesn’t like it too spicy so I used the mild diced green chiles instead of Jalapeños. Making it for the Super Bowl. I also used Tostitos lime chips instead of bread.
This was a hit loved it!!!!!!!
Chilleeeee! I was VERY nervous to try this dish! But I am SOOOO happy that I did. When I tell you guys it was delicious!!!!! I was nervous about the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo
I have followed you since the inception of your recipe site. You’ve done an excellent job not only with your wonderful recipes, but with your spunky and fun comments. Thanks for giving me a lift whenever I read your blog. Now, to the jalapeño popper dip recipe…Wow! Taking it to a Super Bowl Party tomorrow. Always a big hit. Thanks!