Me and cookie bars are like THIS *crossing fingers* Baby I love a good brownie/bar cookie recipe!! Matter of fact, you guys are probably gonna get tired of bar cookie recipes this summer because I have several that I’m going to be listing back to back as I prep for a bake sale. I’ve got key lime pie bars, pecan pie bars, butterfinger cookies bars, Oreo cookie bars…you get the point right? You’ve been warned!
Today though I want to share with you this fab recipe for chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars!! These are a bake sale favorite of mine! I mean seriously, how can you turn down cheesecake sandwiched between two chewy, soft layers of chocolate chip cookies?
Cut them into bars,wrap them in plastic wrap, tie a ribbon around them and I kid you not, watch how fast they sell! I’m not selling these today though, just going through several recipes to see which ones will make the cut. These chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars are at the top of the winner lists. I mean, just look at those layers of YUM!!
They are super versatile too. You can throw in some peanut butter chips, holiday m & m’s, nuts, whatever! I didn’t think I’d have any cookie dough left because I kept eating it! Why is cookie dough is so doggone good??? I bet a brownie bottom crust would have been lethal!! Maybe I’ll try that tomorrow. Holy crap I’m gonna be HUGE this summer if I don’t slow down! This is for a good cause though so I’ll take one for the team. *wink*
What I love most about these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars is how chewy the cookie part is even when they are served right from the fridge! The texture of that creamy cheesecake layer and cookie layers are just perfect together! Your teeth just sinks right in! These cookie bars are magical, rich and addicting. Make up a batch and share them….or…. just eat them all by yourself…. YOLO!!!.
Watch me make these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars from start to finish!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: dessert,
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided, plus more if desired
- CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until a soft dough forms and flour mixture is incorporated.
- Press half of dough into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Cover with 1 cup chocolate chips (can use more/less chocolate chips if desired).
- Prepare the cheesecake batter by mixing together the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a large bowl until creamy.
- Pour cheesecake batter over chocolate chips and spread evenly.
- Mix ½ cup chocolate chips into remaining cookie dough.
- Drop remaining cookie dough over cheesecake layer until completely covered.
- Sprinkle on more chocolate chips (if desired).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center of cookie is set and golden.
- Allow bars to cool in pan and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours (Overnight is best)
- Slice into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold or room temperature.