“Eggless , homemade chocolate chip cookie dough balls dipped in milk chocolate for some of the easiest, no-bake truffles ever!”
Watch me make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles from start to finish!!
Do you like mantras? Me too! Today I’m going to teach you one.
Repeat after me: “There is never a wrong time to eat cookie dough”.
Yep that’s it. Whenever you open the fridge or freezer and contemplate sneaking one of these luscious balls of awesome, just repeat the mantra. It doesn’t take away the calories but something about it makes it alright!
Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles are one of my favorite warm weather snacks! I have no idea why I only crave these during warmer weather because well..(insert mantra). These truffles and frozen grapes are my go-to’s! Do you have certain snacks that you only crave during warmer seasons?
BUT WAIT MONIQUE! IS IT SAFE TO EAT RAW FLOUR? Here’s what the FDA said. Use pasteurized, heat-treated flour to be on the safe side.
I got hipped to frozen grapes a few years ago and if you’ve never tried them prepare to be amazed my friend! Grapes become SUPER sweet when frozen and the inside becomes creamy and icy. It’s heavenly and nothing like the ice block I assumed. Try them!
Today though, I’m replenishing my cookie dough truffle stash!! I’ve been doing a great job at keeping these in the garage fridge away from the boys but somehow they discovered them and now their worlds will never be the same.
So much for having my special mommy-only treat! Sheesh! Moms really can’t have anything to themselves huh??
Listen, every chick needs edible cookie dough in her life, you hear me? Sure it’s not the healthiest snack but mercy, there is something about it that just makes it …so right!
Having a bad day? Have a sweet, creamy ball of cookie dough! Having an awesome day? Have a sweet, creamy ball of cookie dough! Need a quick snack to knock out a sweet tooth? Have a sweet, creamy ball of cookie dough!!
You get the point right? (insert mantra) We’re just gonna dip these here cookie dough balls into milk chocolate for good luck m-kay?
I use this edible chocolate chip cookie dough recipe for everything so don’t feel confined to just this truffle recipe! You can throw this cookie dough into your ice cream, brownie batter (yum) and even deep fry these bad boys in pancake batter!
And who doesn’t love that it’s a totally eggless and no-bake recipe!? These truffles are so fun to customize! Coat them in colorful candy coating, cover them with sprinkles or leave them “naked”.
I’m almost certain you’ll become hooked just like I am!! If not, well…I just don’t know what to tell ya!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (Used pasteurized flour, if you're nervous about raw flour)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- vegetable oil, if needed
- In a large bowl cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and salt until a dough forms.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball.
- Place cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Freeze for about 30 minutes or until partially frozen.
- Melt milk chocolate chips according to package, adding a little vegetable oil if needed.
- Dip cookie dough balls into melted chocolate and let excess drip off. (see note)
- Place back on pan and place into fridge until chocolate has firmed up.
- Store in the fridge.