“The best soft, chewy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies ever! This recipe is full of white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts. Classic homemade buttery, vanilla flavor with a faint hint of coconut! Better than mall cookies”
It took me many years to even try a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. For some reason it just seemed like an odd combination and didn’t intrigue me at all. Yep even the ol sugar cookie got more love. And then it happened.
My sister and I went to the mall and American Cookie Company were giving out free samples (why don’t they do that anymore?) of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I was starving so I happily accepted. OMG with that first bite sweet angelic sounds began to play and I was bathed in a warm light.
What was this buttery, vanilla, chewy, deliciousness I was experiencing! OMG that was the best cookie I’d ever tasted in my life…..my life y’all! Yes most of it was due to extreme hunger but still, it was good!! White chocolate macadamia nut cookie please forgive me for prejudging you all these years. I was young. Dumb. Uninformed.
Ever since I came to the light I’ve been in love with these cookies. It’s not my all time favorite cookie but it’s up there with these white chocolate raspberry cheesecake cookies and that’s saying a lot!! I’ve tried a lot of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies recipes but this recipe right here!!!! Yep she’s a winner!
Everybody that has had these cookies LOVES them! I think it tastes even better than American Cookie Company but hey, I could be biased.
These white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are fluffy and chewy. I mean just look at those adorable wrinkles of chewiness.
The flavor is amazing! So old-fashioned and classic with it’s buttery notes of vanilla , brown sugar and faint coconut flakes. Yes I said coconut FLAKES! Don’t leave the coconut out people! I’ve discovered that’s the secret ingredient in those infamous mall white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. The coconut also makes these cookies super chewy and helps maintain the moisture for days. It’s not overpowering though.
I was tempted to add some coconut oil or some coconut extract to up the coconut flavor even more just because it compliments the white chocolate and macadamia nuts so doggone well, but my coconut-hating husband said the coconut flakes were the perfect limit. He loved these by the way!
Watch me make these fluffy, chewy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies from start to finish!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
By Divas Can Cook
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup real butter, room temperature
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ - 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, finely shredded AND minced (I used 1 cup)
- 4-6 oz white chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 cup macadamia nut, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla extract and coconut.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in half of the white chocolate chunks and half of the macadamia nuts.
- Scoop out two spoonfuls of dough using mini ice cream scoop and roll into a ball.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten dough slightly.
- Place additional white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts into the dough.(This will give it a nice appearance)
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or just until the edges are barely starting to brown. Cookies will appear slightly undercooked.
- Let cookies rest on hot pan until pan is cool enough to touch.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store in air tight container.