Chicken salad sandwiches is one of my favorite kinds of sandwich. I’m pretty picky when it comes to chicken salad. I like it to look and taste a certain way. The right kind of bread you put it on is equally important: Buttery bakery croissants baby!!!
Watch me make this southern, easy chicken salad sandwhiches from start to finish!
Southern Chicken Salad
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: main, sandwich
- 3 chicken breast, flattened
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 5 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 1¾ cups Mayonnaise (may need more or less. I used 1 cup Dukes and ¾ cup Helmans)
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (plus more if desired)
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon onion powder (plus more if desire)
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (plus more if desired)
- Celery salt to taste
- Butter Bakery Croissants
- Season chicken breast with black pepper, celery salt, onion powder and garlic powder. You can also add more spices if you like.
- Place chicken in a large skillet.
- Add chicken broth and simmer covered on medium heat for 7 minutes per side or until done.
- When chicken is done, let it cool and shred. Set aside.
- In a bowl add chicken, onions, celery and eggs.
- Toss to combine.
- Stir in mayonnaise, sweet relish and the seasonings (black pepper, onion & garlic powder, celery salt) to enhance the flavor.
- Remember to taste it as you mix in the seasonings to check for the perfect balance.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Overnight is best to maximize all the flavors.
- Sandwich between a buttery bakery croissant with lettuce and tomatoes.