“Easy, creamy crock pot meatball stroganoff recipe. Meatballs are slow-cooked in a creamy homemade sour cream celery mushroom sauce and tossed with egg noodles to create an effortlessly delicious dinner good enough for company!”
I’m currently obsessed with Target’s Simply Balanced frozen, fully-cooked turkey meatballs. Have you tried them before? It’s right up there with Amy’s frozen cheese pizza in our house. This is not a sponsored post by the way. Simply Balanced probably doesn’t even know I exists or that I’m in love with 95% of their products.
I’ve been making stuff with these meatballs every single week for the last….. I don’t know how many months. Not only are they freakin delicious but they win major points with me by not adding pork (so hard to find pure turkey meatballs geez!) AND I can pronounce and understand all of the simple ingredients. So thank you Simply Balanced. Thank you for being… simple.
So far I’ve used these meatballs for subs, cocktail meatballs (you know that famous grape jelly, cocktail sauce, BBQ flavor), I’ve used them in gravy served over mashed potatoes and today I’m using them to make this super easy, creamy slow cooker meatball stroganoff. These meatballs are PERFECT for slow cooker recipes! Of course though you can use your favorite frozen, fully-cooked meatballs but be sure they are full of flavor!
OK pull out those crock pots ninos!! It’s time to whip up some creamy meatball stroganoff!! (Random fact: I hate the word stroganoff. )
This slow cooker meatball stroganoff recipe was one of my go-to recipes after I had Isaac. It was just so easy to make and so creamy and comforting. I stocked the freezer with several bags a few month before I went into labor. Yeah…I was one of those type preggo women. And if you have a pregnant friend, make her a couple batches for her freezer. She’ll love you.
Now about that condensed cream of mushroom and celery soup……… make your own! Like, seriously, make your own.
I highly recommend whipping up the recipe for the homemade cream of celery & mushroom soup listed below. Condensed soup is so easy & quick to make from scratch. They contain real ingredients and of course no MSG (I’m really sensitive to MSG these days. Guess I’m getting old) A lot of crock pot recipes call for condensed soup and as you may have notice on this blog, you won’t find a can of that stuff here. If it’s one area I’m bougie with it’s that one!
Not that I’m against canned condensed soups I just think they taste….well….flat! And they are loaded with weird stuff…a lot of weird stuff. Check the label an be prepared to asked “wtf!”.
I mean..if I’m going to eat some chemicals at least let it taste good! Like…McDonalds fries….or cream cheese….or butter flavored shortening…you get my point right?
This homemade condensed soup recipe can last up to a week in the fridge so make it ahead if you’re going for the super convenience factor.
I have a whole other post and video dedicated to making homemade condensed soups but for now I’ve included a recipe below. Told you it was easy. Of course you can used store bought if you must. Use half a can of celery and half a can of mushroom to add some depth.
Watch me make this slow cooker meatball stroganoff from start to finish!
Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
By Divas Can Cook
- 1½ cups homemade condensed cream of mushroom & celery soup (see recipe below)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth (warmed)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons yellow onions, finely diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb frozen, fully cooked meatballs (can use half this amount if desired)
- ½ cup sour cream (can add more if desired)
- 3 cups egg noodles, prepared
- Add condensed soup, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add onions (if using) and garlic.
- Taste the sauce and add seasonings if desired (I didn't add any to mine)
- Add frozen meatballs and stir.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in prepared noodles or spoon the mixture over the noodles.
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley or green onion.
Here is the recipe for the homemade condensed cream of celery & mushroom soup!
Homemade Condensed Celery Mushroom Soup
By Divas Can Cook
- ¾ cup regular chicken stock or vegetable stock (I prefer chicken)
- ½ cup heavy cream, warmed
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms, finely diced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste if needed (see note)
- ⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- ⅛ garlic powder
- ⅛ onion powder
- ⅛ black pepper
- Add stock to a large sauce pan and bring to a light boil.
- In a small bowl add the warm heavy cream and stir in the flour until flour is dissolved.
- Stir flour-cream mixture slowly into the stock, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and celery is tender.
- Condensed soup will thicken more as it cools
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
(Remember this is a condensed soup and not meant to be eaten as is. Use as you would a regular can of store bought condensed soup by adding it to recipes of adding water to create a soup)