I have a confession. Ready to hear it? Ok….whew. Here goes…
I’ve been really, REALLY naughty this past week. I ate 2 dozen triple chocolate cookies, 1 HUGE slice of carrot cake, red velvet cake (just a small slice though) can’t even tell you how many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on soft white bread I had, drunk almost a whole jug of Simply Apple juice, ate a carton of caramel cashews, 4 sandwich bags full of twix caramel popcorn, an Oreo Mcflurry, two big helpings of french fries and five corn dogs. Ok I think I’ll stop now, it hurts to much to continue. If I saw it and wanted it, I ate it. No restraints baby.
Yeah it sounds bad and it is, but this is not my norm. Ever so often I have these binge weeks where I just give in to whatever my tastedbuds want and usually it’s something sugary or fried. Thankfully it doesn’t happen often so don’t judge me. It feels good to confess though. You should try it.
To “reset” my body back on the right track I always go to this yummy pasta dish called skinny girl pasta. I don’t know how it got the name or what the real name of this dish is. It’s a recipe that I adapted from my oldest sister who is into clean eating. She always has some of the BEST healthy and delicious recipes.
This pasta dish is so light, filling and fresh. You can’t help but feel like you’re behaving when you’re eating this stuff. It’s packed full of fresh veggies and dressed with seasoned extra virgin olive oil. I made up a big batch to carry me through the week. I plan on eating super light and fresh for the next few weeks.
I think I got all the crazy craving out of my system…for now!
Watch me make this Skinny Girl Pasta from start to finish!
By Divas Can Cook
- 1½ cup fresh broccoli, finely diced
- 1 cup cup cauliflower, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 vine ripe plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 green onion, finely diced
- ½ cup black olives, finely diced
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil (I used ½ cup because I'll be adding more noodles later)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 7. oz thin spagetti noodles
- cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti according to package for al dente texture.
- Drain the noodles but leave a little water (about ¼ cup) in the pot.
- Season noodles generously with cajun seasoning, parsley and salt. (taste to make sure it has a good taste. Can also add in other seasonings.)
- In a large skillet over med-low heat, add olive oil and garlic.
- Simmer lightly just until garlic begins to become fragrant.
- Add in green onion and bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until heated.
- Toss in the seasoned noodles (you could also add the veggie mixture to individual bowls of noodles when ready to serve)
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!