Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Watch me make this Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary Chicken Recipe from start to finish!!
What is it about a roasted chicken that makes me so happy? Something about its rustic golden appearance and savory aroma is just so darn welcoming.
I roast chickens pretty often just for the heck of it. I love that I don’t need to have a recipe in mind because there is always something to do with roasted chicken, like chicken tacos or chicken salad.
Chicken always wins, especially at my house.
Here is another one of my favorite roasted chicken recipes: lemon, garlic & rosemary roasted chicken. I still like my simple roasted chicken recipe, but on days when I want to kick it up a notch, I go to this recipe.
It’s full of that fresh & simple lemony, garlicky, rosemary flavor that I just can’t get enough of. The skin roasts up so crisp and well-seasoned.
This lemon, garlic, rosemary chicken recipe also makes a mean chicken and rice soup if you have leftovers. The rosemary tastes really good with the rice. I often serve the chicken with rice or roasted potatoes and whatever kind of veggies I have on hand. It’s an easy, simple meal with a great presentation.
Get the Recipe: Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- 5 lb whole chicken, washed & dried
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large springs fresh rosemary, diced finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- zest of 4 lemons
- salt & pepper
- Fresh lemon juice, 2 lemons
- sliced lemons
- sliced onions
- sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425. F
- Add butter to a medium-sized bowl.1/2 cup butter
- Stir in olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and lemon zest. Set aside.2 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 large springs fresh rosemary, 4 garlic cloves, zest of 4 lemons
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper, including the inside of the cavity. (You can add garlic powder if desired.)5 lb whole chicken, salt & pepper
- Brush the butter mixture onto the chicken generously, covering up all of the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons all over the chicken.Fresh lemon juice
- Stuff the chicken with lemon slices, rosemary, and onions. (I just add as much as it can hold.)sliced lemons, sliced onions, sprigs of rosemary
- Tie together the legs if desired.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Cook for 45 minutes and then baste.
- Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden. Lightly tent with foil if the chicken is browning too quickly.
- Let chicken cool for 15 minutes before carving.
Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.