Oven Grilled BBQ Boneless Beef Ribs Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: ribs
- 7-8 Boneless Beef Spare Ribs (Country Style & tenderized)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon Old Bay
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Liquid smoke
- ¼ cup Char-Grilled BBQ Sauce Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Preheat Oven to 325 F.
- (Need these ribs fast? You can also cook them at 375 for about 1 hour. Be sure to check them because depending on the thickness of your ribs it may require a little less or more time))
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Add enough of your favorite BBQ sauce to create a thick batter-like consistency.
- On a cookie sheet, lay down two layers of foil.
- Dip the tenderized ribs into the sauce until thoroughly coated and place on foil
- Take two more layers of foil and place it on top of the ribs and loosely seal the edges.
- Place ribs into the oven for 1 hour.
- After one hour, remove foil, turn & baste ribs and bake for 30 minutes. (If your ribs are on the thicker side you may need to cook for a bit longer)
- Be sure to baste every 10 minutes during this 30 minute cooking time.
- After the 30 minutes are up, turn the oven to BROIL and broil each side for 2-3 minutes. Baste and flip ribs. Broiling will make the sauce sticky and crisp up the edges of the rib making them finger licking good!!!
- Remove from oven, place on a plate and spoon on the extra sauce from the pan. Let the ribs rest for about 10 minutes before eating.
If you aren't pressed for time and really want to kick this recipe up a notch here are a few tips.
1.) If needed remove the thin membrane from the back of the ribs. This will allow more flavor to penetrate inside of the meat. 2.)After dipping your ribs in the sauce place on a cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate overnight.
3.) Ribs made a day in advance and then reheated ALWAYS taste best as the meat has had time to thoroughly relax and the flavors have set in throughout the meat.
4.) Cook the ribs low and slow. To achieve that authentic slow cooked cook ribs for about 3-4 hours in a 300-degree oven