Oven Grilled BBQ Boneless Beef Ribs Recipe
OK, yall these ribs are serious business!! It is a combination of 3 different BBQ rib recipes that my girl Tracy put together. I was excited about trying this recipe because everybody kept asking ” OMG have you tried Tracey’s ribs?!”
I’m so glad she decided to share this beef ribs recipe! I’ve been making these things for years. This rib sauce is…AMAZING and taste so good on chicken as well! This is the only way I bake boneless BBQ beef ribs (dang that was a lot of B words lol) because this wet rub always makes them come out tender, sweet, spicy and have that grilled taste. If you manage to have some leftovers, the flavors are incredible the next day!
But First You Must Make This Vow :
I, (Insert Your Name) promise to tenderize these ribs before baking.
Be sure to tenderize your ribs beforehand because beef ribs can be so tough (and sometimes impossible to eat) if not properly tenderized, especially boneless ribs. When tenderized properly this rich meat just melts in your mouth and you will slip away into BBQ beef rib bliss. You can do this yourself at home with some unseasoned meat tenderizer. Just follow the directions on the back. Super simple! You can also use a mallet to pound the ribs, this will also tenderize them. But if you bat those lovely lashes and flash that lovely smile of yours, your butcher may tenderize them for you.
****UPDATE***** Ok I have started preparing these ribs differently and had to share because it made the BEST ribs I’ve ever had! What I do now is season the ribs generously with cajun seasoning first, then I combine all the ingredients and pour it into a large ziplock bag. I chop up some onions and bell peppers and then add in the ribs. Mix them up to get them coated. I refrigerate for 24-48 hours and then bake or grill them. This made the ribs SOOOOOO TENDER and flavored got down to the bone! I didn’t even have to tenderize them.
Oven Grilled BBQ Boneless Beef Ribs Recipe
Recipe Type: ribs
Serves: Serves 4
- 7-8 Boneless Beef Spare Ribs (Country Style & tenderized)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup Char-Grilled BBQ Sauce Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Preheat Oven to 325 F.
- (Need these ribs fast? You can also cook them at 375 for about 1 hour. Be sure to check them because depending on the thickness of your ribs it may require a little less or more time))
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Add enough of your favorite BBQ sauce to create a thick batter-like consistency.
- On a cookie sheet, lay down two layers of foil.
- Dip the tenderized ribs into the sauce until thoroughly coated and place on foil
- Take two more layers of foil and place it on top of the ribs and loosely seal the edges.
- Place ribs into the oven for 1 hour.
- After one hour, remove foil, turn & baste ribs and bake for 30 minutes. (If your ribs are on the thicker side you may need to cook for a bit longer)
- Be sure to baste every 10 minutes during this 30 minute cooking time.
- After the 30 minutes are up, turn the oven to BROIL and broil each side for 2-3 minutes. Baste and flip ribs. Broiling will make the sauce sticky and crisp up the edges of the rib making them finger licking good!!!
- Remove from oven, place on a plate and spoon on the extra sauce from the pan. Let the ribs rest for about 10 minutes before eating.
Tips for out of this for EVEN BETTER BEEF RIBS (Yes it’s possible)[br]If you aren’t pressed for time and really want to kick this recipe up a notch here are a few tips.[br]1.) If needed remove the thin membrane from the back of the ribs. This will allow more flavor to penetrate inside of the meat. 2.)After dipping your ribs in the sauce place on a cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate overnight.[br]3.) Ribs made a day in advance and then reheated ALWAYS taste best as the meat has had time to thoroughly relax and the flavors have set in throughout the meat.[br]4.) Cook the ribs low and slow. To achieve that authentic slow cooked cook ribs for about 3-4 hours in a 300-degree oven
Hello, I couldn’t find the celery salt for my BBQ beff short ribs , but i a pack of celery stalk i put 4 stalks in half and onions, and bell peppers in the paste i made up to sit for 24-48 hrs . would it make a different or mess it up ??
I want to try this recipe. How do you tenderize the meat?
Literally sprinkle meat tenderizer on it. That’s it.
Going to try thos today. Wish me luck. Will post how it turned out.
This bbq sauce recipe is the bomb, its unforgettable my kids lick the pot after eating this sauce. thank you.
Girl!! Thank you for this recipe!!! I bought these a while back and was scared to cook them. My husband was complaining about them usually being tuff. When I put them on his plate all he could say was how delicious and tender they were. I appreciate you, I hope you never stop sharing recipes. I’ve been with you for years.