Friday I decided to tackle Key Lime Pie! It was a last minute dessert that I wanted to take to a cookout. Normally when I need a new, guaranteed 5-star recipe I go straight to family & friends.
I contacted about several different people and nobody had a good, tried and true recipe for Key Lime Pie, including a few born and breed Key West, Floridians. So off to the Internet I went. I wanted a recipe that was quick, easy, delicious and had an authentic taste without going through the whole “authentic” preparation. I narrowed it down to 3 recipes to test but after I made this one ladies I KNEW this one was the keeper!
I took it to the cookout and got rave reviews all around. This key lime pie is creamy, sweet, rich, with just the right amount of key lime kick. It’s so refreshing which makes it the perfect dessert after a light summer dinner. Into my recipe collection, it goes!
Hope you enjoy this pie as much as I do. It comes courtesy of Marlene Goode! Thanks, Marlene, this pie is the business!!!
Quick, Easy & Delicious Key Lime Pie
By Divas Can Cook
- ¾ cup key lime juice (about 25 key limes)
- 2 (14 oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest (optional)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 prepared 9" graham cracker pie crust Garnish (cool whip, sliced key limes & zest)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Juice 25 key limes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add sweetened condensed milk.
- Add in key lime juice. (If you are using lime zest add that in now as well)
- Add in sour cream & stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into crust & spread evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set (tiny pinhole bubbles may burst on the surface of the pie). Do not brown the pie.
- Remove from oven & chill completely before garnishing & serving. Garnish with sliced key limes, cool whip & key lime zest if desired.