Ultimate Nutella Swirl Brownies
“Chewy, fudgy brownies with swirls of Nutella! Topped with a chocolate Nutella ganache and sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts and shaved chocolate!
Visual learner? Watch me make these Nutella Brownies from start to finish!
The convo as my boys folded clothes:
Ethan: “Isaac, stop staring at my face before I slap you with this sock and my fist!”
Isaac: “You’re not the boss of me, Ethan! And your fist feels like feathers anyway, so go ahead.”
Ethan: Isaac!! You’re so annoying! I’m about to kick–
Me yelling from upstairs: Be quiet, both of yall! If I have to come down there, I’m banning video games for the rest of the day! Try me if you want to! ( I totally get why my mom used to say that last line. It’s so fun to say and makes you sound completely psycho)
Sweet Jesus, be a rocket and blast me to the moon. There has got to be some peace and quiet there because my boys have officially hit the sibling rivalry stage. And here I thought I had avoided it. Payback from my childhood I suppose. Sorry ma.
I guess the silver lining is that they can only stay mad at each other for a few seconds, literally! I’ve never seen any kids go from trying to kill each other to “Hey! Wanna come join me on Roblox!!” in one sentence. They didn’t get that from me because I was the queen of sibling silent treatments when I was younger. My older sister used to hate it because she’d be over it and wanted to play.
This week though, my boys have been doing such a good job of playing peacefully together. Maybe the tide is shifting, and my prayers are working. *crossing fingers* I thought I’d make them a special little treat. Nutella Brownies!!
OK, let me cut the crap; I’m making these brownies for me! I don’t plan on sharing any of them, either! Nope, I deserve every chewy, chocolatey, fudgy, messy bite after all this bickering I’ve had to referee.
So let’s talk about these Nutella brownies, shall we?
They’re amazing and are for true chocolate lovers only! Because man-o-man, are they chocolatey! They start off with a chewy old-fashioned brownie base with swirls on Nutella. It’s topped off with a layer of thick and fluffy chocolate Nutella ganache and finished off with none other than chopped hazelnuts and shaved chocolate!
Yeah, it’s a brownie you wanna make for someone who’s deserving and that you love a whole lot, like yourself!
Every time I make these brownies, my mind starts to think about all the ways I could easily change this up like making a thin mint ganache and adding crushed thins mint or Andes chocolate mints on top. Or add swirls of caramel topping and nuts to make a turtle version.
Ahhhh…so many options, so little time. Gosh, I love food!
If you change this Nutella Brownie recipe up, let me know! I absolutely love hearing how you guys tweak and twerk them. So creative!
Enjoy! Oh, and Happy Valentines Day if you’re into that kinda thing!
Need More CHOCOLATE!?
Get the Recipe: Ultimate Nutella Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella, divided
CHOCOLATE NUTELLA GANACHE
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate, (can use dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- chopped hazelnuts and shaved chocolate, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8 glass dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until combined.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread out into an even layer.
- Using 1/4 cup of Nutella, place dollops of Nutella on top of the batter and then use a knife to swirl the Nutella throughout the batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes. (Do not over-bake. Brownies will continue to cook as they cool)
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache by combining sour cream, melted chocolate, and remaining Nutella until creamy.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread on the ganache and sprinkle the top with hazelnuts and shaved chocolate.
- Refrigerate until the ganache has firmed up, about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice brownies into small squares.
- Store in the fridge.