I’ve been making my share of red velvet cakes over the past few months and wanted a cream cheese frosting that was a tad bit lighter than my previous cream cheese frosting recipe.
This light cream cheese frosting is exactly like the name says, light. It’s not as fluffy and delicate as a whipped cream cheese frosting but it’s also not as heavy as a regular cream cheese frosting. Its a happy little mixture of both!
I love this frosting on cakes because it has such a balanced amount of sweetness and the texture is creamy and soft, yet firm enough to handle the weight of layered cakes.
Looking for a cream cheese frosting that’s a lil more heavier? Check out my fluffy cream cheese frosting!
Light Cream Cheese Frosting
By Divas Can Cook
- (2) 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick real butter, softened
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese, butter and heavy whipping cream until fluffy and combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Mix on high speed until creamy and light.
- Add more cream or powdered sugar to adjust the thickness if needed.