Today is National Margarita Day woo hoooo!!!!!! So how do you like your margarita? Classic, fun and fruity, hard and unique??? Oh, me you ask?
My faaaaavorite margarita is blackberry margarita….mmmm mmmm mmmm!!! I could drink pitchers full of this stuff. I guess that has a lot to do with the fact that my favorite berry is blackberry. So ANYTHING that features this juicy, dark berry has my vote, including this amazing, easy blackberry cobbler. I’ve tried several times to plant blackberry bushes but for some reason, they just don’t want to grow for me.
Oh well, thank God for farmers’ markets because every year I stock my freezer full of fresh blackberries so that I can enjoy them all year long.
So today in honor of National Margarita day I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes for blackberry margaritas (thanks MyLifeAsAMrs. for this amazing recipe.) (slightly adapted) Adjust the alcohol/sweetness to suit your fancy.
SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE: To make 3/4 cup of simple syrup add 1/2 cup sugar to 1/2 cup of boiling water. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
Watch me make this blackberry margarita from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Blackberry Margarita
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries, may use frozen, thawed blackberries
- 3 oz Tequila
- 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 2-4 oz blackberry syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- In a blender add simple syrup and blackberries.
- Blend until combined.
- Strained to remove all seeds. (store leftover syrup in refrigerator or freezer)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, Triple Sec, blackberry syrup, and fresh lime juice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime wedges and frozen blackberries
- Serve immediately
Freeze the leftover blackberry syrup for future margaritas!
Garnish with blackberries and lime.