I’m a sucker for a good coffee cake and since I’ve been on a blueberry kick lately it was only a matter of time before I whipped up this French Vanilla Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake.
This french vanilla blueberry streusel coffee cake uses french vanilla yogurt to create a fluffy, lightly sweetened cake, with tart fresh blueberries, sweet brown sugar streusel topping and a french vanilla glaze made with natural french vanilla coffee creamer.
I absolutely love how moist this coffee cake bakes up. It goes great with your morning coffee, afternoon tea or even as a dessert served with french vanilla ice cream. I prefer fresh blueberries with this recipe, but frozen blueberries will work as well.
If I’m making this for company I double the brown sugar topping and the glaze!! Yum!!
*NOTE* Please note that this is a coffee cake and even though it has sugar in it, the cake part is not nearly as sweet as a regular cake. The sweetness comes from the brown sugar streusel topping and french vanilla glaze so double those recipe if you are a sucker for a sweet coffee cake.
Watch me make this blueberry coffee cake from start to finish!!
French Vanilla Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
By Divas Can Cook - Monique
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup french vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour or all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- BROWN SUGAR STREUSEL TOPPING
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- FRENCH VANILLA GLAZE
- 3 tablespoon confectioners sugar, may need more
- 1 tablespoon French vanilla coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients in the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until incorporated. (do not over stir)
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter in a greased and flour 9x13 baking dish. Set aside
- Prepare the brown sugar streusel topping by combining all of the streusel ingredients.
- Use a fork to cut in the ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minute or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Let the coffee cake cool complete before add the french vanilla glaze.
- To make the french vanilla glaze, combine all of the french vanilla glaze ingredients.
- Place the glaze in a piping bag or use a fork to drizzle the cooled coffee cake.
- Serve with coffee, tea, or ice cream!