I’m a sucker for a good coffee cake and since I’ve been on a blueberry kick lately it was only a matter of time before I whipped up this French Vanilla Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake.
This french vanilla blueberry streusel coffee cake uses french vanilla yogurt to create a fluffy, lightly sweetened cake, with tart fresh blueberries, sweet brown sugar streusel topping and a french vanilla glaze made with natural french vanilla coffee creamer.
I absolutely love how moist this coffee cake bakes up. It goes great with your morning coffee, afternoon tea or even as a dessert served with french vanilla ice cream. I prefer fresh blueberries with this recipe, but frozen blueberries will work as well.
If I’m making this for company I double the brown sugar topping and the glaze!! Yum!!
*NOTE* Please note that this is a coffee cake and even though it has sugar in it, the cake part is not nearly as sweet as a regular cake. The sweetness comes from the brown sugar streusel topping and french vanilla glaze so double those recipe if you are a sucker for a sweet coffee cake.
Watch me make this blueberry coffee cake from start to finish!!
French Vanilla Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup french vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour or all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- BROWN SUGAR STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- FRENCH VANILLA GLAZE
- 3 tablespoon confectioners sugar may need more
- 1 tablespoon French vanilla coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients in the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until incorporated. (do not over stir)
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter in a greased and flour 9x13 baking dish. Set aside
- Prepare the brown sugar streusel topping by combining all of the streusel ingredients.
- Use a fork to cut in the ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minute or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Let the coffee cake cool complete before add the french vanilla glaze.
- To make the french vanilla glaze, combine all of the french vanilla glaze ingredients.
- Place the glaze in a piping bag or use a fork to drizzle the cooled coffee cake.
- Serve with coffee, tea, or ice cream!
Double the brown sugar streusel topping if you want the top of the coffee cake to be covered.
Fold the blueberries in carefully to prevent from smashing them and turning your batter blue.
Do not over bake!
Serve with coffee, milk or tea.