Fresh Peach Lemonade
Fresh peach lemonade…by far my favorite lemonade flavor ever!!! But then again I’ve never tried blackberry lemonade…so maybe I shouldn’t speak so soon. Let me just say so far, peach lemonade is my fav!!
I love peach anything so it’s not surprising. This fresh peach lemonade is so fresh tasting with the perfect balance of sweet peaches and tart lemons.
It’s plenty of sweet which is how I like my lemonades and sweet ice tea because it holds up to the ice without getting watered down. You can reduce the sugar if you must….but yeah… don’t. Get the full affect baby : )
This peach lemonade recipe comes together so quick and easy using the best ingredients : peaches, lemons and water, no dyes, powders or concentrates. And none of that sitting overnight jazz.
Give me a lazy warm day, a magazine, a front porch swing and a glass of homemade peach lemonade and I am content for hours. Whew talk about refreshing!
Watch me make this fresh peach lemonade from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Fresh Peach Lemonade
- 3 cups fresh peaches, diced (about 6 peaches)
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 cups cold water or sparkling water, divided
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, juice of about 7 lemons
- Garnish, peach slices, lemon slices, mint
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add diced peaches, lemon zest, sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and let mixture simmer. (do not boil, reduce heat if needed)
- When peaches are very soft, mash them with a potato masher or fork to break them up.
- Let mixture simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain the peach syrup mixture into a bowl and discard the solids.
- Add the lemon juice to the peach mixture.
- Pour into a pitcher along with 4 cups of water or sparkling water.
- Refrigerate until cold if desired.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Fill with peach lemonade.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices, fresh lemon slices and mint.
- Serve immediately/
Be sure to let mixture cool before adding to pitcher!
Can also be made with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
I made this tonight with pineapples instead of peaches…so good!
My sister and I loved it
Gonna try this today. I have a lot of peaches from two farmer’s markets that I go to. Gonna have it another day too, and pair it with grilled pork chops topped with a fresh peach salsa and fresh corn on the cob. Summer is for fresh food! God is good! He created all this just for us! 🙂
I made this recipe today for a celebratory breakfast. So good! Refreshing, tart and sweet. It’s not overly sweet to taste so that’s a plus for me. Such a beautiful pink color, I’m thinking of using it as a part of an Alice in Wonderland themed party I’m planning.