I’ve been trying to spend some extra time playing one-on-one with Isaac before the baby comes. This morning we played cars for 2 hours straight (omg so boring but I pretended to have a blast), thinned out the vegetable plants we started on Earth day and finished off the morning by making theses super decadent Nutella stuffed pancakes. You know breakfast was good when you just sit back and look at your empty plate and all you can say is “wow…”
Isaac had two of these bad boys, which I was really surprised because they are pretty big and filling. He kept saying “mommy they ARE so good. They really are good!” lol As if he was expecting them not to be. He told me to use melted chocolate chips next time. My little food critic. He isn’t a Nutella freak like I am.
I used one of my favorite fluffy, homemade pancake recipes for this creation and it was the perfect texture for the creamy Nutella center. It didn’t get soggy or crumbly like some homemade pancakes can get.
No syrup is needed for these pancakes. Top them with fresh strawberries or bananas and little bit of cream and you are set. Don’t forget a tall glass of cold milk on the side. Just like peanut butter, Nutella always makes me so thirsty!
These Nutella stuffed pancakes are great for a sweet breakfast, brunch or dessert. They reminded me of funnels cakes with the strawberry and cool whip topping and chocolate drizzle, although I think I prefer these over the funnel cakes. That gooey Nutella center is really a welcomed surprise! Make these for someone you love!
*Note* Don’t be tempted to load these with Nutella. When I first made these I added a TON of Nutella so that the entire middle section was covered and oozing Nutella. Ummm…FAIL!! It was waaay to much Nutella even for an addict like me. Just having it in the pocket in the center is plenty, especially when you stack them up.
Don’t get discouraged if the first pancake doesn’t come out right. My first pancake is always a mess! Be sure to adjust your heat if needed after covering the Nutella with the extra batter. You don’t want the underside to get super dark before it’s time to flip it over. You’ll get the hang of this after your first or second pancake.
Watch me make these Nutella Stuffed Pancakes from start to finish!
Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
By divas can cook
Recipe type: breakfast, pancakes
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1¾ c. warm milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutella (make sure that it is soft and creamy)
- Toppings: fresh strawberries or bananas and cool whip
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, melted butter, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the milk mixture. Stir gently with a whisk JUST until the large lumps are gone. Small lumps are good. Do no over stir or the pancakes will not be fluffy and light.
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat and butter griddle on medium high heat.
- When griddle is ready add ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle.
- After a minute or so add ½ -1 tablespoon of Nutella to the center of the pancakes. Use a knife to gently spread Nutella out a little.
- Cover the Nutella with about 2 tablespoons of batter or enough to cover up the nutella. YOU MAY NEED TO TURN DOWN THE HEAT TO MEDIUM AT THIS POINT SO THE OTHER SIDE DOESN'T COOK TO FAST.When bubbles form on the top of pancake and the underside is golden, gently flip it over and cook the other side until golden.
- Place on a plate and make the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve warm topped with fresh strawberries or bananas and a bit of cool whip.
- These pancakes reheat well if needed.