Watch me make these fluffy homemade cinnamon roll from start to finish!
“Make fluffy, soft homemade cinnamon rolls at home just like the best bakeries! Easy from-scratch recipe with simple ingredients”
Oh how I have missed you guys!!!
But guess what? IT’S CINNAMON ROLL TIIIIME!!!!!!
But not just ANY cinnamon roll people. These are without a doubt the softest, fluffiest homemade cinnamon rolls that ever lived! And now… they are all yours!!
You get a cinnamon roll! You get a cinnamon roll!! Everybody gets a cinnamon rooooollll!!!!
Can you believe I’ve never posted a homemade cinnamon rolls recipe in all of my 40+ years of blogging!?! What the heck is wrong with me!?!
Well since I’m finally back from my Disney vacation and feeling all refreshed, renewed and inspired I thought now would be the perfect time to post this recipe!
Especially since Christmas is right around the corner and so many people go into a cinnamon roll frenzy this time of year.
I have about 2-3 homemade cinnamon rolls recipes that I can actually make, because remember I’m awful at making anything that requires yeast and gentle care.
But these bad boys are fail-proof in my eyes!! Every time I make these cinnamon rolls I actually say to myself “wow
Beyonce Monique… you nailed these”. They are like something straight out of a good bakery. Like… a really good bakery! Yep they’re that incredible.
Just layers of pillowy soft, sticky, brown sugar filling and decadent cream cheese glaze. Sweet mother of all things gluten please bless yourself with these.
Truth be told, I only make cinnamon rolls about once a year, usually when it snows. I’ve been getting so many requests for cinnamon rolls that I broke my normal tradition and made them on a sunny winters day. See how much I love you guys?
The best part is that these cinnamon rolls are ridiculously easy! Seriously it’s pretty much a dump and mix recipe. Of course you’ll have to wait for them to rise which sucks but hey, it’s totally worth it!
Tips For Making Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
1.) Don’t even think about proceeding with the recipe if your yeast doesn’t get all poofy and frothy.
2.)Mix just until ingredients are combined.
3.) Add the flour gradually and only add enough so that the dough doesn’t stick to a clean finger and pulls away from the bowl easily.
4.) Don’t be scared to pile on that cinnamon brown sugar!!
5.) When rolling up the dough, keep the roll nice and tight.
Fluffy, Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- YEAST MIXTURE
- 1/3 cup very warm water 110-115 degrees like a warm baby bottle
- 1 package active dry yeast 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- DOUGH MIXTURE
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour sifted (may need more or less)
- FILLING MIXTURE
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2-4 tablespoons milk may need more or less
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt optional
- In a measuring cup stir together water, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and yeast.
- Let mixture sit for a few minutes until it is puffy and foamy.
- Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl.
- Add in 1/2 cup sugar, buttermilk, whole milk, melted butter, canola oil, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Mix until combined.
- Mix in salt and baking powder.
- Gradually mix in the flour a little at a time, using just enough so that the dough pulls from the sides of the bowl. It will be slightly sticky but shouldn't stick to a clean fingertip.
- Once dough has formed place the ball of dough into a large, lightly greased bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the bowl in a warm location.
- Let sit for about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Gently punch the dough down a few times to release the air.
- Sprinkle a work surface lightly with flour and turn dough onto floured surface.
- Knead the dough gently a couple of times and then pat the dough into a rectangle that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush the dough with half of the melted butter. (I sometimes add in a bit of vanilla extract to the butter)
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on half the brown sugar mixture.
- Brush again with butter and finish with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Starting from the end furthest from you, begin tightly rolling up the dough.
- When done, place the roll seam-side down, and carefully slice the roll into 12 (1 1/2-inch) sections.
- Place the rolls in a greased baking pan,sides touching.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm location to let rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sides of cinnamon rolls are lightly golden.
- While rolls are cooking, prepare the glaze by combining all cream cheese glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth and silky.
- When cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, let cool for a few minutes and then spread on the glaze.
- Serve piping hot, warm or room temperature!