Easy Coca-Cola Teriyaki Fish Tacos
Do you make a weekly dinner menu or do you just wing it?
I use to just make whatever I could think of on the fly and quickly realized that in order for my week to flow semi-smoothly, menu planning was essential.
Besides choosing easy, quick recipes, I follow a few other tips that makes this process a bit easier like using themes.
Here’s a sample of the dinner theme outline I follow.
Monday: Order out! (I’m way to busy or lazy on Mondays to think about cooking.)
Tuesday: Something Mexican usually Taco Tuesdays! (We LOOOOVE Mexican foods!)
Wednesday: Something in the slow-cooker
Thursdays: Something vegetarian
Friday: Something Italian or Asian
Saturday: Something new! ( This is the day where I try out different recipes to add to my dinner rotation)
Sunday: A homemade freezer dinner (I’ve gotten in the habit of doubling up certain meals so that I can freeze the other half. It’s amazing!)
Sometimes I’ll change up the order of things but having a theme kinda helps me menu plan a bit quicker.
Yesterday was my “try something new” day and so I made these Coca-Cola teriyaki fish tacos!
I’ve made something similar before so I knew they’d be hit and a great way for me to use up the extra bottle of coca-cola in the fridge. I went with salmon and topped them with sweet, creamy cole slow. Match made in heaven! They were simply amazing and super easy to make!!
Anytime I make a fish dish in my house I have to be extra careful that it doesn’t taste like …well…fish! My husband and kids are not fish fans at all! But these tacos were well received since they are drenched in a flavorful teriyaki sauce.
I absolutely love the addition of using coca-cola instead of water. It adds a nice level of flavor.
This recipe has definitely earned it’s way into the dinner recipe binder! If you give it try be sure to let me know what you think!
Looking for more quick dinner recipes and tips to make your week flow smoother? Check out Coca-Cola’s pinterest page for more awesome ideas!
Get the Recipe: Easy Coca-Cola Teriyaki Fish Tacos
- 2 salmon fillets, 6 oz each
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chives
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger, grated
- generous pinch, garlic powder
- 4 flour tortillas
- Toppings: cole slaw
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and dry salmon.
- Brush salmon with a thin coat of olive oil.
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until flaky.
- While salmon is cooking prepare the sauce by adding remaining ingredients (except tortillas) to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and them immediately reduce heat and simmer lightly until sauce has thickened.
- Shred the cooked salmon in a bowl and pour on the sauce (I never use all of the sauce)
- Toss to coat the fish in the sauce,
- Spoon salmon onto flour tortillas and top with cole slaw (if desired)