Chicken Vegetable Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
This chicken vegetable fettuccine alfredo recipe is so special to me because it was the first homecooked dinner I made for my hubby almost 11 years ago. I remember I spent hours trying to decided on the perfect dinner for movie night at home.
It had to be something light, yet filling. I wasn’t ready to break out the soulful, throw-down type meals. Fresh always looks and tastes best so I knew I wanted something with lots of fresh veggies. This dish just won me over and him too!
All of the colorful vegetables look so nice together and the homemade Alfredo sauce is divine! If it’s warm outside, I really like this with grilled chicken & vegetable but cooking it on the stovetop works well too!
Watch me make this chicken vegetable fettuccine alfredo from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Chicken Vegetable Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1/2 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 teaspoon mined garlic flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parsley, optional
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, seeded & cut into strips
- 2 chicken breast, flattened
- ALFREDO SAUCE
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2-1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, can use more
- 1 cup mozzarella, or Italian blended cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- mozzarella & parsley, garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt, onion flakes and minced garlic to season the water.
- Add the fettuccine noodles and cook until al dente. Do not overcook.
- When noodle are done, toss with butter and parsley.
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a simmer in a large skillet.
- Add vegetables and cook just until barely tender. Do not over cook. Salt to taste.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a grill pan.
- Cook chicken breast until done.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter with olive oil.
- Add in heavy cream, garlic, parsley, parmesan, and white pepper.
- Simmer for 8 minutes or until thickened
- Add mozzarella.
- Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Toss pasta with Alfredo sauce and place on a plate.
- Top with vegetables, chicken, & fresh tomatoes.
- Garnish with mozzarella and parsley.
- Serve hot.
Use your favorite vegetables! I love broccoli and fresh tomatoes!
If Alfredo sauce is too thin, let it simmer uncovered or let it stand. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
If Alfredo sauce is too thick, thin it out with a little chicken broth or reserved pasta water.
Jazz up the Alfredo sauce with mushrooms or fresh minced onion!