“Fluffy, soft, cheddar biscuits made with buttermilk and lots of cheddar cheese! Savory garlic and spicesgive these cheddar bisucits a subtle savoriness that is makes the perfect side to any meal!”
Visual Learner? Watch me make these cheddar biscuits from start to finish!
Back when I first got married, my in-laws had this tradition where they’d rent a big house, and we would all head to the coast for a week. It was pretty much the only vacation our young, broke and in-love selves could afford.
Now I know a week with in-laws may not sound like a vacation, but it was peaceful and refreshing. I looked forward to it every year because I knew I’d come back a new person.
There is just something about the beach that has a way of recharging me like no other. It’s like my creativity goes in super beast mode when I’m near the ocean. It’s kinda weird the effect the sea has on me. The beach is where I first thought to start Divas Can Cook, my dog retail store, and a host of other successful life-changing ventures.
Wanna know what else I love about the beach? The fresh seafood!! OMG I would move to the beach for the food alone. It’s where I first experienced a real cheddar biscuit. If you’ve never had a cheddar biscuit from a street vendor, think Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, only softer, fluffier and more flavor!
The SOFTEST, FLUFFIEST CHEDDAR BISCUITS EVER
These cheddar biscuits take me right back to the beach! They are super soft and fluffy. So light that they nearly melt in your mouth. The texture is a cross between an angel biscuit and a yeast roll, thanks to all that luscious buttermilk.
Careful though, these cheddar biscuits are ADDICTIVE!! They get gobbled up as soon as they come out of the oven around here. I have to hide them so the boys won’t sneak or beg for one before I’m done with the rest of dinner.
They are savory, cheesy, garlicky, and buttery!
What To Eat With Cheddar Biscuits?
If these cheddar biscuits happen to survive long enough to make it to the dinner table, they go INCREDIBLY well with just about any kind of soup, seafood dinner, or pot roast. They ever go great with pasta dishes. Really, any meal where dinner rolls are served these cheddar biscuits should be there!
I hope you guys enjoy these cheddar biscuits as much as I did!…. Because in order to make this post, I had to make and eat 10 of them.
And on that note, I’m booking me a much-needed trip to the beach! And the gym! (Ha! Just kidding about that last part)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or your fav. seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredd
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, cold may need more or less
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsely ,chopped
- Preheat oven 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, and onion powder.
- Grate in the butter. Whisking occasionally to keep the butter from clumping.
- Cut the butter into the flour.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Add the buttermilk and stir gently JUST until incorporated. (batter should be wet, add more buttermilk if needed)
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
- While biscuits are baking, make the butter spread by combining melted butter, garlic powder, old bay and fresh parsley.
- When biscuits comes out of the oven, brush immediatly with butter mixture.
- Serve hot.