Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
“The best chocolate chip cookies that bake up HUGE, thick, chewy and full of a variety of chocolate and a little oats to take them over the top!”
Visual learner? Watch
me my boo make the best chocolate chip cookies from start to finish!
My uncle BB makes the BEST of everything! Being that this is grandma Barb’s son, I’m never surprised!
Last month, when this whole COVID lockdown thing started, and I was in a baking frenzy like the rest of the world, my cousin (Uncle BB’s daughter) sent me his go-to recipe for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and I was over the moon! I’ve loved these cookies for as long as I can remember and now I can make them whenever the craving hits!
This recipe was adapted from a Madagascar vanilla cookbook (I’ll double-check with my uncle and list the name below), and they’re my FAVORITE!!!
Okay rewind, I know I said that THESE were my favorite chocolate chip cookies (and they are), and then I said that THESE were my favorite chocolate chip cookies (and they are). I mean hey, a girl is allowed to have more than one favorite, right? Besides, some things are just too good to choose one favorite, it just depends on your mood and chocolate chip cookies are one of those things.
So today I’m going to introduce you to my new favorite boo, aka the best chocolate chips cookies that have been rocking my world! These cookies are HUGE and completely award-worthy!
Actually, in the video, my “baby fawvah” is making them for you. Since he is a professional chocolate chip connoisseur (not really but he should be), it’s very fitting. He, too, has now deemed this recipe the best chocolate chip cookies, but don’t take our word for it! Try them!
What makes these the BEST chocolate chip cookies?
TEXTURE, TEXTURE TEXTURE!! For me, it’s all about the texture! I mean, let’s face it, most chocolate chip cookie recipe uses the same ingredients. It’s often the different ratio of the ingredients that results in the variety of chocolate chip cookie textures. Some are crispy, some gooey, and some fluffy. These chocolate chip cookies are thick, dense, and so soft! It’s my FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie texture that gets even better the next day, making these THE PERFECT chocolate chip cookies for mailing to family and friends.
Tips for making the BEST chocolate chip cookies:
- Chill the dough. Seriously chilling the dough is one of the tricks to getting that chewy, dense texture that makes these cookies so daggum good. They go into the oven frozen and the result is worth the wait. It’s a must!
- Let the cookie sit for a few hours after cooking. Yep, you read that right. The texture of these cookies changes once the cookies have cooled and sat. It sounds crazy, but you’ll see. Once they’ve cooled, try one and then place them in an airtight container and come back a few hours later or the next day (if you have will power), you’ll see the texture has gone from soft and fluffy to thick, dense and chewy. (just be sure not to overcook them to get this magic)
- Use a variety of chocolates and don’t skip the oatmeal. Chick-fil-A was right on the money when they went for semi-sweet, dark, and milk chocolate for their famous Chocolate Chunk Cookies and added oats. The chocolate trio is perfect, and oats add such a great texture without overpowering the cookies and turning them into oatmeal cookies. Chances are people won’t even know it has oats in them! Plus, it gives it a slightly nutty flavor.
So far, we’ve made these cookies
six seven times in the past 30 days. I know. Save your shocked expression; I feel ashamed enough about that reckless decision, yet I’m tempted to make them once more. You know, to make sure they’re really that good!
Get the Recipe: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened to room temperature (do not melt)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Quick-Cooking 1-minute Oats
- 3 cups chocolate baking chips, (use 2 cup semisweet chocolate, 1/2 cup dark chocolate, 1/2 cup milk chocolate)
- Line a large baking try with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix in salt, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and oats.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until a dough has formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop (1/4 cup worth) scoop out the dough and place onto the prepared cookie sheet
- Flatten each ball of dough slightly and shape into small puck.
- Freeze for about 1 hour or until dough is frozen.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Remove a few cookies from the tray so that cookies are 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The center of cookies will appear slightly underdone when removed form oven but will continue cooking as they cool.
- Let cookies sit on hot pan for about 2-3 minute before removing to a cooling rack to finished cooling. (I usually let them cool completely on the pan)
- Once cooled store in airtight container. Texture gets ever better a few hours later!
Best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever!!!!
These are sooooo good! I halved the chocolate chips just because of my personal preference and instead of quick oats I put old fashioned in the food processor till they were like dust! Can’t stop eating these, they are truly the best chocolate chip cookies ever.
These are the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve ever made! I will most definitely be making them again!