You asked for it, so here it is!! Yayyyy for another salad dish!!! (say yayyy!…. SAY IT!!!) I’m in rare form today so bare with me. “I been drankin, I been drankin” just kidding. That Beyonce song has been in my head all day. Anyway what were we talking about? Ah yes broccoli salad!!! Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies so it’s no surprise that this is one of my favy salad side dishes. Ok I know I say everything is my favorite, but it really is, even though I’ve only had it for the first time this month. Hey, I fall in love easily don’t judge me. This broccoli salad is a classic. Easy. Simple. Side Dish Goodness. It’s basically just a big ol bowl loaded with pretty, colorful, crunchy, fresh ingredients with a quick creamy dressing. Yum? Yes! Especially if you like lots of crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, red onions, cherry tomatoes….you see where I’m going here dontcha? It’s one of those addictive dishes where all the ingredients just go so well together. A beautiful thing happens when it all enters your mouth. Could this be…. love? Not only is this broccoli salad down right delicious and gorgeous, it’s a true crowd pleaser that disappears fast and goes great with grilled meats or even as a stand alone meal.Whip up a bowl for your next cookout and see what happens. And then send them to wordpress-222550-817588.cloudwaysapps.com when they ask you for the recipe. You can say that we’re cousins. I’ll totally go along with it.
Watch Me Make This Broccoli Salad For You From Start to Finish!
Broccoli Pasta Salad
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 head broccoli, diced into tiny pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced small (can add more)
- ½ red onion, diced small
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, diced into tiny cubes (can use less)
- 8 oz bacon, cooked & diced (I used low sodium turkey bacon)
- 1 cup mayonaise (I use Dukes)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- *optional ingredients* raisins, pasta, sunflower seeds, green bell pepper,
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, ranch and parsley.
- Add dressing by the spoonful to broccoli mixture just until coated. (you will have dressing left over)
- Toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust ingredients if needed.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.