That daggum Super Bowl comes around every year crashing New Years Resolution diets left and right. I thought you all would appreciete this recipe for a lighter version of Buffalo wings.
I really can’t tell that these wings are baked instead of deep fried. Nor can I tell that the buffalo sauce isn’t made with butter but instead a vegan spread called Earth Balance. I love recipes that fool me into eating a bit better. Now if I only I can figure out how to make baked doughnuts that taste fried I’ll be in heaven.
These baked buffalo wings are full of finger licking flavor. The sauce can certainly be cut in half if you aren’t a fan of saucy wings. I had a lot of sauce left over.
Looking for Buffalo Wings that are proud to be deep fried and drenched in buttery buffalo sauce? Well then check out my hot chicken wings!
Watch me make these baked buffalo wings from start to finish!
Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
By Divas Can Cook- Monique
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 20 wings
- 5 slices of onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Earth Balance Spread
- ½ cup Franks hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- couple dashes black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or celery flakes
- Few dashes cajun seasoning
- Add chicken wings, onion slices, celery, seasoning salt, and red pepper flakes to a large pot.
- Fill the pot with just enough water to cover the ingredients in the pot.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes. (chicken will not be fully cooked)
- Remove the chicken from the water.
- Dry the chicken off completely. Get it as dry as you can.
- Grease a baking rack generously with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on the rack.
- Broil on LOW for 12 minutes. Flip the chicken and broil for another 10 minutes or until chicken is done and crisp.
- In a saucepan melt the earth balance.
- Add the hot sauce, garlic powder, parsley, black pepper and cajun seasoning.
- Stir until heated, do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Toss chicken in the hot sauce mixture.
- Plate and serve with celery stick, carrots, blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing.