Easy Banana Pudding
This is one of my favorite banana puddings to take to potlucks because it tends to please everyone from the kids, adults, true southerners to Yorkers alike! Not to mention it’s so easy and quick to whip up a huge pan of this stuff. This is the recipe my grandmother uses a lot for family get-togethers. It’s just heavenly!
The addition of the sour cream really adds a special touch and helps tie in all the flavors. I like how it’s not overly sweet or too rich like some easy banana pudding recipes can be. Don’t let the instant pudding throw you off, it works. Trust me.
Don’t tell anybody, but I actually prefer this version of banana pudding over the old-fashioned, homemade version.
I made this dessert for a holiday party and a pilot was there and his exact words were “I’ve had banana pudding from all over the world but this stuff is first class!” I never seemed to forget that. What a compliment!
Watch me make this Easy BananaPudding from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Easy Banana Pudding
- 3-6 bananas
- 2 3.4 oz box instant Vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 box of Nilla Wafers, You won't need the whole <g class="gr_ gr_96 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="96" data-gr-id="96">box,</g> unless you just really like nilla wafers
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
- 8 oz. container of sour cream
- In a bowl, combine pudding and milk.
- Stir until creamy.
- Add in sour cream and 4 oz (half the container) of cool whip.
- Stir until combined.
- In a dish, add a layer of chopped bananas and nilla wafers
- Spread on a large spoonful of the pudding mixture
- Repeat the layering process again, ending with the pudding mixture.
- Spread on the remaining cool whip.
- Arrange wafers in a patter on top or crush them.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve cold.
Refrigerate until cold (I usually do 1-3 hours before serving)
Don't use banana flavored pudding.
Make individual servings by layering in clear cups. So cute!
Feel free to layer and decorate how you please.
Wanna change up the cookie? Try Chessman cookies!
Wanna add something unique? Sliced strawberries add a special touch!