Visual learner? Watch me make this homemade vanilla ice cream from start to finish!”
Vanilla-nilla-nillaaaaa! I seriously don’t know anyone who doesn’t like vanilla ice cream? Do you??
What’s not to love? It’s boss all by itself yet the perfect base for EVERY flavor under the sun. Vanilla wins!
Ok, so maybe vanilla ice cream isn’t as high on my list as chocolate salted caramel pretzel (mercy), but I MUST have vanilla ice cream with all of my cakes! I’m sure you’ve probably noticed that huh?
Today I’m going to share with you one of my favorite homemade vanilla ice cream recipes! Like all homemade vanilla ice cream recipes, it’s pretty basic, but that’s the beauty of it. It’s so darn simple and creates such a sweet, creamy, pure and… vanilla-ry. (totally a word btw)ice cream.
This homemade vanilla ice cream doesn’t have any eggs to fool with which is why I love it!
My attempts at egg yolk ice creams are always hit or miss. Sometimes they taste too eggy; sometimes it gets those tiny ice balls. Now and then though, it comes out like pure, freakin ice cream heaven. Aint nobody got time to have their emotions played with like that!
I stick with eggless version around these parts. Eggless version or Philadelphia-style, ice cream is bae! They always come out so perfect for me. A bit softer than standard store-bought, egg-included ice creams, but still amazing!
This homemade vanilla ice cream is perfect for add-ins! Throw in some Oreos for cookies and cream, strawberries, cream cheese and graham crackers for cheesecake flavor, or swirl in some fudge for fudge ripple!
I scoop out balls of this ice cream and freeze them on a cookie tray. Then I wrap them individually in plastic wrap so I’ll always have pre-scooped ice cream on hand for my cake slices.
Speaking of cake, this homemade vanilla ice cream goes great with this butter pound cake!
I hope that you enjoy this classic, homemade vanilla ice cream as much as we do!
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
By Divas Can Cook
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk (full fat)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (Use clear vanilla if you prefer)
- generous pinch vanilla bean powder
- pinch salt
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Let mixture heat until it becomes a bit frothy. (do not boil)
- Remove from heat and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Let cool slightly and stir in vanilla extract & vanilla bean powder.
- Stir in a pinch of salt.(Taste to make sure the vanilla flavor is to your liking.)
- Cover with plastic wrap, being sure the plastic wrap touches the surface of the mixture to prevent the top from developing a skin.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. (Overnight if possible. It NEEDS to be really cold)
- Remove from fridge and follow the directions of your ice cream maker.
- After churning in the ice cream maker for about 20 minutes (for my Cuisinart machine), pour ice cream into an ice container and freeze overnight if you prefer a harder ice cream. (Homemade, eggless ice cream has firm, soft-serve texture)
- Serve and enjoy!