“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BUSH’S Beans. The opinions and text are all mine”
It’s that time of year again!! Family LUAU time!!! Every summer I throw a big family luau with TONS of food, festive decorations, island music, tropical drinks- the whole nine!
It’s such a fun time, but man is it a lot of work to pull it off! This summer has been so busy that I was so close to postponing it until Fall time but instead decided to keep things intimate with just my immediate family.
I’m throwing a midnight luau with delicious appetizers and good conversation at the forefront. I’ve decided to keep the appetizer menu really simple by giving some of my favorite appetizers an island twists!
One appetizer that I’m really excited about are these Glazed Baked Bean Chicken Meatballs! If you like baked beans then you’ll LOVE these meatballs! They really do pack in all the slow-cooked flavors of baked beans in meatball form. A bit spicy, sweet, and smokey! Tossed in a sweet and tangy glaze, these meatballs could be served as an appetizer or as a main meal served over rice in a fresh pineapple bowl!
To keep things simple and quick without sacrificing flavor I’m using BUSH’S Baked Beans! Whenever I don’t have time to make a pan of homemade baked beans BUSH’S is what I reach for! It really is the closest thing I’ve found to homemade and those tender beans give the meatballs such an awesome texture!
Since BUSH’S Beans are already so full of bold flavor you really can skimp on adding in too many extra seasonings. I’m using BUSH’S Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans but BUSH’S has over 40 different varieties including Southern Pit BBQ and Steakhouse Recipe which makes it easy to change things up.
I’ve already made these glazed baked bean chicken meatballs twice this week and they reheat so well. My husband thinks they would taste amazing wrapped in bacon so that is next on the list! I’ll be using BUSH’S Bourbon & Brown Sugar Grillin’ Beans for that one and I’ll keep you guys posted on how it turns out!
What’s your favorite BUSH’S Baked Bean flavor?
For more recipes using BUSH’S Baked Beans visit: www.bushbeans.com/
Luau Baked Bean Chicken Meatballs
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 (21.5 oz) BUSHS Honey Chipotle Grillin Beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1lb. ground chicken
- ¾ cup panko
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup crushed pineapples
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all meatball ingredients except olive oil, until well combined.
- Using wet hands, roll the mixture into even 1½ inch sized balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until done in the middle, brushing and tossing with olive oil halfway through.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil.
- Saute' red, green and yellow peppers until tender.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, crushed pineapples, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove ¼ cup of the mixture and place in a bowl.
- Stir cornstarch into the reserved mixture and pour back into the skillet.
- Continue simmering until sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add meatballs to skillet and toss to coat.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bush Brothers & Company . The opinions and text are all mine.