Lasagna is one of my favorite dishes so it was no surprise that I loved this picante lasagna recipe the moment I tasted it.
It’s my sister in-law’s recipe that I’ve adapted slightly because that’s how I get down. Every time she’d make it I’d always say “I HAVE to get this recipe one day”. Well that day has come. This is my third time making this picante lasagna and it is definitely in my last minute dinner recipe stash.
The greek yogurt really lends a unique and delicious flavor to this lasagna and I just love how you can throw the noodles in there uncooked. It all comes together so quickly and the flavor is “company” approved.
I’ll be making up a few batches of this lasagna to throw in the freezer on those REALLY busy/lazy night. A lot better that Stouffers!
Serve it up with a salad, breadsticks and sweet tea and then call me over for dinner !!
Watch me make this picante lasagna from start to finish!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 16 oz jar chunky picante sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1-2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 9-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2-3 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Stir in picante sauce.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add heavy whipping cream, eggs, mexican cheese, italian seasoning, greek yogurt, & parmesan cheese.
- Stir until well combined.
- In a 9X12 dish, layer the lasagna: meat-noodles-yogurt mixture-italian cheese. (any order of layering will do) Use a small dish for more layers.
- Finish with a layer of italian cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes
- Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes before cutting.